1. We would like to know you better hence we made the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  2. Hi Guest, tell us what change you'd like to see in the forums Click Here

A Guide to Promoting Your Business - Advertising & Marketing Tips & Techniques!

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Gary, Jun 27, 2011.

1. stevo999

stevo999

so for instance, i went into the argos website and pasted my link on their review/comment section....

would this make a difference? so if this sounds like a crazy question, but i am very green in all this website stuff!!

cheers

steve
    paraflying likes this.
  2. Gary

Gary

That would probably be classed as spam and removed, but while / if it lasted it would depend on if a no-follow or do-follow as explained, plus it takes a lot of links to make much of a difference but as also mentioned, if google think your spamming and you trigger their spam filters then it will do more harm than good so best to use sites that allow or choose to add your links.
  3. stevo999

stevo999

cheers Gary thanks for the input.....

any chance you could take a quick look at my website and give a comment? ta,...
  4. James Donovan

James Donovan

It’s actually a great and useful piece of info. I’m satisfied that you simply shared this helpful information with us.
  5. toobusysylvia

toobusysylvia

This information is really useful. I will check my page and do as you said.
    I know do follow is more useful than no follow, but it is really hard to find more do follow links.
    I collect some do follow links. It is not enough for me. This is a problem.
    I do many comment with link before and most comment is with no follow.
    Because the effect is not obvious, I begin to write blog instead it.
    Is that OK?
  6. Gary

Gary

Yes that's fine, as mentioned it is always a good idea to have a good mix of both no follow and do follow anyway, and your blog (if kept updated) will help with regular unique content (which is more and more popular with search engines these days).

Glad to help!
    toobusysylvia likes this.
  7. goji

goji

Great tips. I just wondered, is it best (from a marketing perspective) to create an external blog with articles outside of your site or actually within in your site? Hope that makes some sort of sense. I have heard people doing using both methods.

Also, are you sure ebay allow you to have your sites address in your about me page?

Thanks again for the great info :)
  8. eAuction

eAuction

Pros and cons to each but I'd say internal at /blog
  9. Gary

Gary

As mentioned above there are pluses for both methods, and I am currently using a subdomain for my blog (as in blog.website), however, with the Google love for regular, fresh unique content it could pay better these days to have internal as mentioned above.

As for the eBay question, I know this was allowed at the time of writing the guide as I used to do it, however, I haven't sold much on eBay for a while now so couldn't say for sure these days but I haven't heard of it changing as long as you don't link to a sale page as mentioned in the OP, worst they'll do for first offense is tell you to remove it, personally I wouldn't worry too much but if you're worried then maybe ask them first but chances are you'll still be fine, but if you find out otherwise for sure, please drop me a PM and I will update accordingly.
  10. Gomage

Gomage

exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks!
  11. Gary

Gary

You're welcome, glad you found it helpful!
  12. alley

alley

Thanks for sharing..very nice
  13. Hands Digital Marketing

Hands Digital Marketing

This is great tips for promoting any business in search engine, I am also following this steps in our business promoting in search engine.
  14. kansam49

kansam49

some great tips. thanks!
  15. cwvps

cwvps

Just learned a lot in this thread. Thank you so much, everyone!
  16. LSPAUL

LSPAUL

Google have updated their algorithm (software) a lot over the past few years and it's becoming really intelligent. One major update was that you can now damage your site. In the past, you could do all the SEO you wanted, the bad stuff wouldn't help and the good stuff would, which meant people commenting on every blog, forum etc and hoping google picked up a few of them as good links, now this has changed, bad links will harm you, and good links will help you.

Commenting isn't bad in Google's eyes, as long as it's done right, if you follow Matt Cutt's (Google's head of search spam) advice, he reccomends when commenting on blogs, you comment as your name, and leave a link behind, but commenting as "cheap guitars" will probably do you more harm than good.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong