1. Hello Guest, Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Am I paying too much for my stock???

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by Ayrton Seller, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Ayrton Seller

Ayrton Seller

Hi, I am buying compression sportswear from China and want to know if I am being charged a competitive rate by my supplier, how can I find out -I'm new to this!! Does anyone here have experience and can offer their opinion?

Thanks

AS
    Wholesale Sportswear likes this.
  2. beacon hill

beacon hill

Are they selling well.
    If so are you happy with the selling margins

As with regards getting better rates, don`t be afraid to ask for higher volume prices
    Ayrton Seller likes this.
  3. Ayrton Seller

Ayrton Seller

Hi Beacon Hill! Thanks for your reply. They are selling well but with VAT and Import duty I am trying to increase profitability where I can. I don't want to screw my supplier, but also need to feel confident that I am getting a fair price. My spend with them will be in excess of £30k pa. I'm not sure how that stacks up in the grand scheme of things but I'd expect a fairly decent price for that spend.

Thanks

AS
  4. Ayrton Seller

Ayrton Seller

Margin wise I am looking at 18% is that ok?
  5. sukkilee

sukkilee

did you trying get quotation from few different suppliers ? compare their price?
  6. Frankcheung

Frankcheung

if they are selling well, i would suggest-

a) buy as much as you can based on your monthly forecast or quater forecast to save the freight handling fee, etc;
    b) make a good-looking package to increase the add value of your product, but not to much
    c) similar to option a), but you can place a yearly order to your supplier and ask a better product price, but ask them to help to do partial shipment within half years ( after goods are ready).

looking for others opinion........ :)
    Wholesale Sportswear likes this.