1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  3. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.

Amazon... dropshipping?

Discussion in 'Dropshipping' started by MadeinMancs, Dec 28, 2007.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MadeinMancs

MadeinMancs

Has anyone tried to use Amazon for dropshipping products?... Any joy?
  2. NorthyImports

NorthyImports Banned Member

Amazon are a retailer not a dropshipper
  3. MadeinMancs

MadeinMancs

Amazon dropshipment

I've heard of people listing Amazon products on Ebay, selling them, then simply buying the product from Amazon and changing the delivery address to the buyer. Sounds like 'unofficial' dropshipping to me.
  4. NorthyImports

NorthyImports Banned Member

Ok then but don't you do it as if amazon find out you'll might get the law knocking on your door
  5. Pete

Pete

Amazon began as a dropshipper. They have always dropshipped to one degree or another. You can't actully believe they have every one of those products sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Can you?

Sorry, I said all of this wrong.

Amazon has always had items dropshipped is what I meant to say. They have always USED dropshippers.

They are not a dropshipper, they will not put your address and such on shipments to make it look like the order came from you.

But, they do have an affiliate program. You can simply link to them, or a specific product and earn a commission.
  6. arana3

arana3

How would you dropship from them? Their prices aren't that low...
  7. FiveStarWholesale

FiveStarWholesale

I know of a couple of businesses that dropship using Amazon.

Ignore Northyimports, the 'law' will not come knocking on your door.

People simply find the best deals on Amazon, add a mark up and list them on eBay. It's not really a sustainable business and customers do get a bit 'upset' when they see their item has come from Amazon but there is a small amount of money to be made.
  8. Saajan

Saajan

100% correct. Amazon have a option at the checkout in which you can have your order as a plain package (including no invoice) so your customers won't see it's coming from Amazon.
  9. Pete

Pete

10. superstardj

superstardj

Ive recieved an item off ebay before that has been "dropshipped" using amazon. Im pretty sure it came from the German amazon.

Fair play to whoever did it, was the best price on ebay so just shows what you can do if you shop around, even on retail.
  11. BillyA

BillyA Retired Moderator

I've posted about this before...

A few Christmas' ago, the Ipod nano was selling like crazy on Ebay because they were in short supply. Going for about $500-600 a pop.

Very few people realized that you could buy them (and get them in time for Christmas) directly from Apple.com for retail price. So I listed quite a few auctions and had Apple "dropship" the Ipods for me.

Worked like a charm.
  12. MadeinMancs

MadeinMancs

It's funny, sometimes the supplier you are looking for can be right under your nose!
    I'm going to give this a go! I'll let you know how I get on.
    Some Amazon based sellers have prices that beat Ebay sellers easily!!

Thanks folks!
  13. retrostation

retrostation

does anyone use amazon still? and can you still get plain wrapping on the items?

I'm thinking of using amazon as a safety net, a back up for if something doesnt land while I test the water with some dropshippers!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Tony.
  14. dalexdesign

dalexdesign

Yes, Amazon still provides this service!
  15. Richardhsoes

Richardhsoes

How do you turn the German language to English on www.amazon.de
  16. Richardhsoes

Richardhsoes

does this mean you can't?
  17. Saajan

Saajan

18. Richardhsoes

Richardhsoes

19. i-mall

i-mall

I have used Amazon as a 'dropshipper' occasionally. I mainly sell Nintendo Wii packages on ebay and if i am a WiiPlay or a nunchuk short I send it out separately. Amazon give the option of not enclosing the receipt, and you can even give a message, like : 'despatched on behalf of our affiliate'. I am not sure about plain wrapping though
  20. megnliz

megnliz

Curious...

I am curious about how you use Amazon as a dropshipper? I just started creating an order to see if there were options for a plain box, without an invoice or reciept, but I couldn't find that option.
    Are you using them as a 'dropshipper' with "Amazon.com" printed on the package?...If so, don't your customers get mad?

Maybe I'm just missing something?
    :dance:

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong