1. Hello Guest, to participate in discussions just click the "JOIN NOW" button and sign up for FREE!

Anyone ever used Banggood.com to dropship in the UK

Discussion in 'Dropshipping' started by Warrior Hunters, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Warrior Hunters

Warrior Hunters

I registered with Banggood a few years ago but never used them to dropship as i decided to buy stock from cheaper suppliers for better margins to sell on Ebay and Amazon.
    I have now built my first eCommerce store after years of thinking about it and I was thinking to bolster my range I would drop ship a few items.

So my question is

How good are bang good
    Are they reliable
    Are there shipping times as stated

I hope someone out their has used them and if so please tell me your story.

Thank you in advance.
  2. beacon hill

beacon hill

Not dealt with them myself, but looking at their website it is riddled with false product claims.

I do not sell the same as you Warrior, but its a related product.
    Looking through the products in this field 50+ percent give incorrect main details and claims.
    Then looking at each product detailed page, some of the claimed specs are so far out its off the scale.
    Believe me I know these products inside out (literally)

I suspect this is due to Banggood only stating the specs they have been given by the manufacturer
    rather than knowingly misleading customers

As with all drop ship items, make sure the end customer is getting exactly what the drop shipper is claiming.
    I,m sure you are savvy about what you see and what sellers claim in the specs anyway

Good luck with your website
  3. Warrior Hunters

Warrior Hunters

I know exactly what you mean by how off the specs are on a lot of their items.
    I guess this is due to the high volume of different products they hold and they dont have staff writing new, current and unique descriptions.
    As you say looks like a quick and simple copy and paste from the manufacturer.

I suppose as I only sell hunting accessories then there inventory on my category would not be a problem when talking about specs.
    As i know a lot about my own niche so I would definitely change the complete descriptions and specs to my own, This way there is no misunderstanding of what they receive if that make sense.

I was just hoping to maybe add an extra 20-30 products using dropshipping and thought maybe bang good would cater for this.
    It just depends on how reliable they are on shipping etc.

As for my website I have still been tweaking since we last spoke and at the moment trying to get a decent header logo inserted for FREE I hope :)
    upto now the size is the issue as even after re sizing some myself and then once added to my theme most times im getting a repeat of image to fill the space if you know what i mean.

So still working on this part. many more hours till i solve this one i think.

I seem to find a great header image for free then take it and resize, but then as i said once uploaded to WP theme then it just goes wrong and even with cropping etc its a nightmare.

You think if your theme recommends 950 x 500 and you resize to that then it would just pop in as it should, but nothing is ever that simple when I attempt this :)
  4. shaununo

shaununo

I have used Banggood as a consumer and made around 5 orders over the summer with them, I purchased solar lights for the garden and delivery was between 7 - 10 days, Royal mail delivered the items, Only ever used the tracked service on 1st order and royal mail delivered which cost about a pound extra and was delivered with secure delivery via Royal mail (SD costs the UK consumer around £6.50)
    The solar lights were fantastic items, kept on buying them as only £10-£15 depending on spec.
    So pretty happy as a consumer with the few items I purchased.
    PJ1981, beacon hill and Cody like this.
  5. Warrior Hunters

Warrior Hunters

Thanks, I guess thats a good sign.
    when you say delivery was 7 - 10 days. was that the expected delivery time.
    Also do you know which warehouse they your items from. ie China, USA or UK

Thanks
  6. shaununo

shaununo

The items were shipped directly from China and the estimated delivery stated on the website is anything upto about 3 weeks, I believe an express option is also available at a price probably delivered by DHL. I though about dropshipping goods myself but never went ahead with it, you would probably be best ordering a few items and testing the website out and see how it all works, prices, delivery, postage options, etc. You can then work out whether it's a viable option to add these goods to your website.
  7. Warrior Hunters

Warrior Hunters

Thanks for your input.
    from what i have heard the delivery times are pretty spot on as they do seem to all arrive within the allotted time if not sooner.
    I have placed a couple of test orders and will see how well they do with them before I decide about using them as dropshipper.
    I have been luck in past with another dropshipper but no longer do my niche were as bang good do.

I have not heard ant real horror stories yet.

i am just trying to work out the best way to display the dropshipping items on my site.
    What i mean by that is as i sell my own stock and as good as off next day delivery to UK. I dont want to mix them too much as customers may click on one and see 7-10 days delivery and walk away without realising I have other items that could come the next day from me.
    Maybe I could have extra categories called something like "Wait & Save" These could be advertised as save money but wait longer as shipped direct from manufacturer,
    Hope this makes sense, I sort of know what I want i just need to work out the best way to implement this idea in my site.
  8. Gary

Gary

I don't know of you can edit the out of stock wording on woocommerce?

If so you could change the words "out of stock" to something like "in stock with my supplier, delivery within 10 days", then set the stock quantity to zero but allow it to be added to cart and checked out (if the option is available).

I've never used woocommerce, however those options are available in others I have used in the past, if so it could answer your current problem. Providing you restock your own lines of course as the only time this could be a bit of an issue is if you sell a one off product line, in which case you could just refund and hide it from view if you oversell.

Just an idea (if it's possible).
  9. Warrior Hunters

Warrior Hunters

Thanks Gary.

i will have a look into this later, but yes if works it would be a good idea.

Thanks
  10. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

Its been a while since I used Banggood - when I did use them I only ever used there UK / EU Warehouse, and only ever sold things that they had lots of stock of, I also stayed away from electronics as we all know the quality(lack of) and maybe CE that isnt CE to come out of the Far East at times! - so selling hunting / shooting type items on eBay and dropshipping with Banggood I had a good responce, they normally had the product with the customer in a couple of days, but I did keep a small supply of every item I listed, so should they run out of stock I was able to ship direct as well.
  11. Warrior Hunters

Warrior Hunters

Thanks for your input, its good to hear from someone who has used bang good, Did you use them for your own website or ebay.
    If ebay was you able to show a long delivery date such as 1-3 weeks when creating listing for drop ship item?
  12. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

rather than creat a new thread thought i'd jump onto this as I think a few of you dropship from this company. Obviously with them based in China whats the situation with Chinese New Year if wanting to order from their website. There's a item I want to purchase regularly for myself not to resell and it says this item is available from our US and UK warehouse but further down the description it contradicts by saying item shipped to the UK. I don't want to order and find this company is closed for 3 weeks then it's sent out after their New year...second to that if some of you dropship from them how do you continue to sell their goods if they close for such a long time? If someone could give me an idea of how long they close for and if some of their goods are actually shipped from the UK...is there somewhere on their site i can contact the UK warehouse to make sure the item is in stock?
    Warrior Hunters and Cody like this.
  13. Warrior Hunters

Warrior Hunters

Great question, Ive only just started listing banggood items and thank god you asked this as it never even crossed my mind about the Chinese new year. I will send them an email with that question and get back to you as soon as I hear back or after Chinese new year haha.
    What i do know is that yes they can ship from different warehouses depending on if that warehouse has that item in stock. in saying this also bare in mind that if in uk some items can take 3-5 days if in EU warehouse were as if in China it can be 7-21 days, So I am just stating the longer delivery at the moment to cover myself. If it will work or not im still not sure but lets hope:)
  14. beacon hill

beacon hill

Would be nice for @Banggood-dropship to take part in this conversation and put potentail customers minds at rest
    Maybe even start their own question and answer thread

Just a thought
    si4560 and Warrior Hunters like this.
  15. beacon hill

beacon hill

Well I,ve just been looking through the replies about low scoring reviews from customers
    to find it was a jaw dropping experience

Remove this if you want, but I have never seen so many replies to poor reviews that
    insult the inelegance of buyers that clearly know about the product more than banggood

On each occasion where the buyer is clearly right about misleading claims and specs, they
    are told to read the instructions or suggest they don`t know how to use it :mad:.

I could go on and on with many more examples
    Never has the 3 letter OMG GIFs been so apt. Plus a few other 3 letter ones I can`t put here
  16. Warrior Hunters

Warrior Hunters

Just got reply from banggood about the delivery during the Chinese New year, here is the email i received, I hope this sheds some light :)

Thanks for your message

During Chinese New Year.our warehouse will ship the order normally ,but the shipping time may delay about one week as shipping company have holiday during Chinese new year. we will inform all customer latter on our website.

Jessica peng

[​IMG]
    Cody likes this.
  17. Warrior Hunters

Warrior Hunters

Just a quick update.
    As you know i started a new website and added dropshipping items from Banggood.com

I have sold a couple of items to be dropshipped and they have been shipped within a couple of days to my customers.

Hopefully this is a good sign that their system works and will just wait now to see what my customers thought of the quality.

will keep you posted with the progress.
    Cody likes this.
  18. liamhawes

liamhawes

Did you try doing a test buy yourself and seeing what you thought of the quality and packaging etc? I always find it worth doing this with any new dropshipper, plus you can always sell the item on anyway so no real loss.
  19. Warrior Hunters

Warrior Hunters

I did on a small item and it was fine, but time will tell if the quality on more expensive products live upto expectation.
    liamhawes likes this.
  20. onlinehub

onlinehub

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong