1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. "I only risk what I can afford to lose and chalk it down to experience," says our featured business for June. Find out who the community voted for this month!
  3. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  4. Participate in the TWF Annual Survey, give us your feedback and win exciting prices! Check out the announcement here for more info.

Are the warehouses in Manchester open to the public?

Discussion in 'Suppliers' started by anthony79, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. anthony79

anthony79

hi i'm just looking for info really i'm heading to manchester tomorrow to source some designer good from new bury road,cheetham hill;) does anyone know if the warehouses are open to the public and what are best ones any help greatly appreciated
  2. JustCraig

JustCraig

Not been for a while and last time I went, I never really bothered with "designer" clothing however in my experience, they will sell to anyone as long as you can hit the MOQ (which is generally quite low)
    anthony79 likes this.
  3. redspell

redspell

Be very careful sourcing 'designer goods' from Cheetham Hill.
  4. anthony79

anthony79

do you know any good places mate
  5. JustCraig

JustCraig

Not for clothing because I don't really sell clothing - I imagine most (if not all) designer goods will be fake however based on experiences that friends of mine have had (although I don't think they really cared too much if I am being honest) but if you are looking for authentic goods then you may want to re-evaluate.
  6. anthony79

anthony79

i'm not mate cheers for the info
  7. anthony79

anthony79

anyone else got any info good suppliers i'm after watches,tracksuits,headphones etc
  8. love-clothes

love-clothes

there won't be many major warehouses with branded..
    'crown sports' do a little as a few others do.
    a lot of copy stuff around there so be careful
  9. M_I_K_E-19

M_I_K_E-19

There is no such thing as branded items from bury new road, all they sell are high quality copies, which are pritty much identical to originals, also in most of the shops there is NO MOQ

Also most of the shops sell the same stuff but at different prices so go to a few before buying
    ASL Express and anthony79 like this.
  10. love-clothes

love-clothes

Theres some good fashion clothing from up coming labels though.
    boi trading, raajan, whispering smith/s&p etc..
    ASL Express and anthony79 like this.
  11. anthony79

anthony79

thanks mate are they open to the public or do you have to be a business
  12. M_I_K_E-19

M_I_K_E-19

Most of them are open to public just 1 or 2 that are trade only
  13. anthony79

anthony79

thanks very much mate going to head up there tomorrow
  14. Danwilliams

Danwilliams

Hi Anthony.

If possible could you let me know how you get on and the best places to go.

It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
  15. love-clothes

love-clothes

Theres too many to list to be honest, and don't be afraid to stray off the main road.
    There are a couple of decent wholesalers on the back streets such as derby st etc..
    Most say trade only, but don't really ask much.. Just say only recently opened up awaiting to register company etc?
    anthony79 likes this.
  16. anthony79

anthony79

will do mate
  17. anthony79

anthony79

mate its crazy down there you only have to walk down the street and your pulled into anywhere and everywhere and there not really shops as such can't really explain it you have to go there yourself got some good quality stuff though its a experience mate
  18. M_I_K_E-19

M_I_K_E-19

I know what you mean, the funniest thing I've seen down there was I went into one of the shops asing for a certain item and the guy opened the "wall" and there was another room there full of stock, I have been a few times and there are always people standing out side the shops trying to sell you stuff
  19. love-clothes

love-clothes

Went there around a year back (true story)..
    In search of unbranded polo t-shirts.. Found a few places doing them, unfortunately -- they wouldn't supply us, as it was a cover up for their frontage..
    They had unbranded goods on display and stacked up to decieve t/s etc
    ASL Express likes this.
  20. Gadgetman.dm

Gadgetman.dm

My friends been a few times and always come back with his car full.

As already said 'It's an experience!'

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.