1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Best product to sell online today?

Discussion in 'Products & Trends' started by Girts Kalns, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Girts Kalns

Girts Kalns

A friend and I are thinking of selling electronic gadgets and other accessories. Is there a good return? How can I know which item will sale best?
  2. PaulineGreening

PaulineGreening

I'm not certain about which is the best item to sell because it would depend on your target market still. I'm just a bit cautious when it comes to gadgets, there's a lot of fakes right now.
    Girts Kalns likes this.
  3. Cody

Cody

It can be quite hard to determine if there's a good return on many products really. A lot of it would depend on the current market. Is the market oversaturated with the stock you want to sell? Are you selling on the right marketplaces? Are you selling at the right price (too high will stop people purchasing, too low will put others off because the product could be fake).

Look around at what others are selling, seek out the competition and get a good idea of their prices and strategy. You'll have a better idea of how well they do and where best for you to start off with.

Also, remember, that what you think may be a great product doesn't mean that others will think so too.
    Girts Kalns likes this.
  4. Girts Kalns

Girts Kalns

Thanks Cody.:)
    Cody likes this.
  5. SaleHoo

SaleHoo

Hi Girts Kalns,

With electronics being so in-demand in the buy/sell industry, you may just be flooded with large scale competition. Not to discourage you or anything, but you can get around with competition by selling at your own online store. That way, you wouldn't have to compete on price wars with large sellers from popular online selling sites such as eBay. Just remember, to gain traffic to your site, make sure you use the right keywords when listing your items.

You can checkout SaleHoo's Market Research Labs (once you become a full member) to find out what's currently hot in the Electronics/Gadgets category: https://www.salehoo.com/labs .

Just a tip: Normally, consumers purchase high end electronic brands for known quality reasons. Try looking for a supplier selling selling generic brands with similar qualities (there are a lot out there, you'll be surprised!). The best way to sell these items is to highlight their best qualities, comparing it with a known high end brand.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    Girts Kalns and Cody like this.
  6. Cody

Cody

I totally agree with the use of keywords, and anyone with their own eCommerce store should be using the right keywords, long-tailed and short, as well as variations in their listings and product descriptions also.
    Girts Kalns likes this.
  7. sallywu2017

sallywu2017

You can buy some samples to test the market. We are phone/tablet case and leather bluetooth keyboard manufacture. And there is online wholesale.
    Girts Kalns likes this.
  8. SaleHoo

SaleHoo

Girts Kalns,

Ever thought of planning ahead for the holidays? Holiday Sales are important for your business and planning ahead (on what to sell) can help you save up for a bigger inventory. This way, you can keep up with the high market demand.

Here's a helpful article that suggests product ideas that you might want to sell on the upcoming holidays:

https://www.salehoo.com/blog/34-fall-winter-season-products

Hope this helps.
    Cody likes this.
  9. sharon jones

sharon jones

I would suggest you do a little research about the products which you are going to sell. Mostly its popularity, profit margin and choose long tail keywords in the beginning to market your products. As far as the best selling product is concerned they keep on changing after a while. So, keep on updating your inventory for the best selling products. About returning the product, most of the electronic goods are covered under warranty, so I don't think that is going to be an issue for you. Just follow the manufacturer guideline for each product.
    If you are selling a product which doesn't have warranty policy then list that product under no return policy.