1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Brand or Buy n Sell

Discussion in 'Products & Trends' started by RPDWholesale, Aug 29, 2017.

1. RPDWholesale

RPDWholesale

Hey Everyone

I have been away from selling for a couple of years after the birth of our son. I am now in a position where i have the time (well as much time as you can have with a 2 year old trying to jump on your head) and the dedication to start my own website/Instagram shop/eBay. My chosen venture will be baby and kids snap backs and clothes.
    We have bought a lot from Instagram shops and all the items have been fantastic. Custom hats, t-shirts, leggings and shoes. This made me think that this is something i would like to do. The one thing i am still trying to decide is to whether just buy and sell from china or set up my own personalised items i.e. custom snap backs.

I am currently in the process of trying to find somewhere in china that would be able to make quality and affordable snap backs. The other stumble block would be how would i customise the snap backs. Buying a embroidery machine would be costly and something i know nothing about. But if i do not do this then i would just have to create a brand and have a company in China customise the snap backs with a logo etc.

If anyone has any thoughts or just wants to chip in feel free, thanks for reading :)

Rich
    Cody likes this.
  2. sullie

sullie

Why not buy the blanks and get a company in the UK to do the printing and embroidery

I'm sure I could put you in touch with a few firms here, not sure what the MOQ would be but I think it would easier unless you are thinking of standard designs in the hundreds then it would make sense to get them done in the far East

Sul
  3. RPDWholesale

RPDWholesale

Hey Sul

That is something I am also looking into, not my preferred option just because if someone ordered a customised hat and then i would have to order it and send it off. Depending on what the turnaround is, it could still work.
    If you know of any good companies i could take a look at that would be great

Thanks

Rich
  4. lpbusiness

lpbusiness

What's the market like for instagram shops out of interest?
  5. RPDWholesale

RPDWholesale

I have not sold on Instagram as yet but the shops that we have bought from are very professional and they all have a link to their own website.