Checkout Payment Processors

Discussion in 'Payment & Shipping' started by Anthony, Jul 21, 2005.

1. amguncrazy

amguncrazy

you need 10 posts before you can pm
  2. consultant

consultant

if you join the Federation of Small Businesses....
  3. mauropozzi

mauropozzi Banned Member

Now paypal supply a cheap way to make payment , it's called masspay , you can use it for mass pay , each payment less than 10000 usd only need to pay max 1 usd . in fact ,if you only make one payment , you can use masspay too . a good way to save money. one of the supplier from Shenzhen tvc-tech limited teach me about this skill .
  4. CK_Electronics

CK_Electronics

Any good one you guys can recommend for the US?
  5. gurispopis

gurispopis

Any recommendations for Latin America?
    Greetings.
  6. stockfromperu

stockfromperu Banned Member

Hello

The best way to receive payments is Paypal. It works fine because is instant payment but you need to have a Bank Account only in authorized countries. In Peru doesn't work. Other choice is Xoom and Money Orders.
  7. Volatileangel

Volatileangel

Hey,

I'm about to open my first online store, and I'm a little doubtful of using PayPal, maybe resistant or reluctant would be better words?

I don't know why, but I see it as somehow less professional. From my own point of view, I feel better buying from sites where I can go seamlessly from checkout to payment page, with no third party visibly involved.

Do you think I'm alone in this? Does PayPal work extremely well for you on it's own?

I'm thinking (as I don't have a Merchant Bank Acc yet) I'll try PayPal for a few months, and then if I find people leaving site at checkout at a high rate I'll invest a little more and pay someone like Sagepay and RBS their fees for a more professional looking service.

I guess I'm just asking what others here do and if they have great success using just PayPal for their checkout...
  8. dropship_voyeur

dropship_voyeur

I think it largely depends on your customers, too. It is easier for most people to get a PayPal account than a credit card, especially if they have a bad/weak credit rating.

If you are going to be selling cheap items or items targeted at a lower income audience, I think you should offer PayPal for sure or you will alienate them.

If on the other hand, you have confidence in your products and want to look more professional, not having PayPal at all and only accepting credit cards through a trusted merchant account can possible increase your image and trust.

Unless you have strong feelings either way, I would aim to have both PayPal and other payment processors on your site. Of course, PayPal will be quicker for you to start using, then add other options as time passes.
  9. TSP

TSP

I use both Paypal and google checkout on my website.

I also use Paypal Payments Pro which allows me to accept credit cards on my website without people knowing it's powered by Paypal and the funds just come into my paypal account.

Have a look at my site, take an item to checkout and see what I mean.
  10. Volatileangel

Volatileangel

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to go with PayPal for a quick start up, and then see about upgrading to Pro. Is it possible to do as dropship_voyeur suggests by doing that? I mean upgrading to Pro but still maintaining the visibility of PayPal as an alternative?

As was wisely suggested, I don't want to turn people away by not clearly accepting payment from a PayPal account!
  11. dropship_voyeur

dropship_voyeur

I like TSP's implementation of his PayPal Pro.

Yes, I think you should have no problems offering checkout by standard PayPal and a "hidden" PayPal Payments Pro as an alternative/credit card method. It will be a matter of how much flexibility/control you have over your site's system and may require some customization of your e-commerce platform.
  12. AllinPerfect

AllinPerfect

wow, a very useful list. I have save it as my favorite.
  13. paulstanden

paulstanden

another good one i haven't seen being mentioned is http://www.cardsave.net they are a payment gateway that set you up with streamline for £50 rather than streamlines £300 fee then you pay them £20 a month for the payment gateway and pay 1.4% per credit card transaction with solo cards ect costing just 35p a transaction.
  14. blueboy0510

blueboy0510

anyone got any updates on good payment providers, most of this goes back to 2007 any updates for 2010

thanks
  15. paulstanden

paulstanden

yes my post above yours mate was only last week ;)
  16. Herry00

Herry00

There are different processors but those which are compatible with every software and very secured are really very good and useful.
  17. EcomMerchant

EcomMerchant

Hi everyone,

I am new here just joined. Please look at EcomMerchant from Total Web Solutions for Payment Gateway processing.

* No Setup fee
    * Low monthly cost - £10 per month including 300 transactions
    * 10 per transaction if over 10p
    * No charge for Declined transactions
    * Free Anti-Fraud mechanism
    * Compatible with most shopping carts
    * Virtual Terminal option
    * Compatible with Barclays, HSBC and Streamline (Internet Merchant Account)
    * Dedicated UK Sales, Aftercare and Support
    * PCI Level 1 Accredited
    * Diamond Award Customer Satisfaction

For further details visit our website

Thanks,

Simon
    Total Web Solutions Ltd
    payments.totalwebsolutions.com
  18. Michael

Michael

I hadnt even seen the post above but from the name I guessed this was going to be just another unauthorised advert!
  19. EcomMerchant

EcomMerchant

Hi there, sorry I was told by a fellow member that it might be useful to post some details about our services. Apologies if this is not forum etiquette!
  20. Michael

Michael

The fellow member would have done you a favour if they pointed out that you need a paid advertising membership to promote your buisness and offer goods or services on here!

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong