1. We would like to know you better hence we made the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  2. Hi Guest, tell us what change you'd like to see in the forums Click Here

Checkout Payment Processors

Discussion in 'Payment & Shipping' started by Anthony, Jul 21, 2005.

1. John

John

But although you have been told by a fellow member here, I think this is the second time you have done it.
  2. Dave

Dave

The member was me and I did explain this.:(
  3. Michael

Michael

I think the advice may have fell on deaf ears on this occasion!
  4. EcomMerchant

EcomMerchant

I have asked how to edit the posts but nobody has advised me yet...
  5. arganoiluk

arganoiluk

Until recently, I was using just PayPal (standard) as the only payment method.

I then found that more than half of potential customers on my website were abandoning at checkout.

I had lots of phone calls and emails asking if I accepted any other payment methods besides PayPal.

I've upgraded to PayPal Website Payment Pro, which allows customers to pay by credit or debit card without leaving the site, although the payments are still processed by PayPal.

Integrating it with an Open Cart website was a bit tricky (basically, you can't install the version called PayPal Website Payment Pro (UK), only the PayPal Website Payment Pro version - see here for more details), but I got there in the end.

PayPal hold any money sent via the Payment Pro for 30 days in case of chargebacks, but this should be reduced to 15 days or less after 6 months. Payments sent through standard PayPal are available for me to withdraw instantly.

I also applied to RBS WorldPay but they wanted a crazy £5,000 reserve!
  6. Roller

Roller

Hi, All.

Until reading this thread, I have only got details on PayPal, Roman Cart, Mal's, and Google Checkout - but I'm doing my homework!

I'm just in the middle of designing a web site... but need a good 'shopping cart'!
    I need a good, simple to use system - which is not too expensive...

I will be selling pet products; so I want an e-commerce system which links my information to the checkout with options for postage based on weight, qty, country, etc.
    And also some sort of quantity indicator - so, if none in stock, customer immediately notified...

So, if my item is something like this: 00901/Leather collar 24"/ Qty (in stock) [03]/£6.99/ - Add To Cart.

Anyone have information for me?

Oh! I'm in UK; so a UK-based payment processor ideally.

Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance.

Neil.
  7. Michael

Michael

Most carts will do all of the things you have mentioned including stock level indicators and much more.

Lots of quality pet related templaes available for zencart so that may be a good place to start.
  8. Roller

Roller

Thank you, sir.

I'll add that one to my list.

Neil.
  9. Roller

Roller

Checked Zencart... looks very good.

Had a look at some of the web sites that use it...
    ...found a new potential supplier whilst at it!

Hmm? But who are these guys:

volusion?

Straight in there with a comparison vs zencart!!

I love this forum :welldone:

Cheers,
    Neil.
  10. E_Seine

E_Seine

I know paypal and moneybookers (skrill) only.
  11. Roller

Roller

Hi, E Seine... and everyone else! I've not been on for a while... been busy building my web site.
    I actually settled for Roman Cart and PayPal conjoined... all paid up and fully working for nearly 2 weeks now! :clap:

I can't advertise, but I sell quality dog products... not much stock at the moment... but got fantastic suppliers... just need fantastic customers! :thumbup:

A clue: dogs in collars... you'll know if you've found web site if you see 'we care' over a Union Flag!!

Anyway, my shopping cart choice was good. I had 52 single items to list... did it in about 40 min + postage and e-mail settings, etc.

Thank you,
    Neil.
  12. kinnth

kinnth

Hi All,

I am new to the forums and I need to pick a payment processor. I was going to default to either Amazon or Paypal but I thought it would be worth a check to see if anyone recommends another.

I am going to run a 1 time event to which there will be 400 tickets each costing around £50 each. The site will be built on wordpress and we will be making a promotional push 2 months before, so we will need to be accepting payments for 2 months and then after that I am going to shut the site down or at least take off the payment partner to avoid monthly fees.

The tickets will all be sent digitally and all purchases will be based in the UK.

Which partner would allow us to retain the largest proportion of money?
  13. ASL Express

ASL Express

Has anyone had any experience with Card Save / Total Web Solutions?
  14. Ellen_Cai

Ellen_Cai

i prefer paypal.
  15. Carparts-eu

Carparts-eu

I've used nearly all of them! Settled on Moneybookers and I also got the mastercard to buy stock with moneybookers balance. Works great, changing to Skrill though so lets see what they do.....hopefully nothing because if it aint broke, dont fix it!
  16. wholesaleyears

wholesaleyears

:)it's really useful for me.Thanks!

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong