1. Hello Guest, to participate in discussions just click the "JOIN NOW" button and sign up for FREE!

China Sourcing Agent

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by Barry chan, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Barry chan

Barry chan

what the sourcing agent should do, my suggest:
    1. find more qualified vendors according toproducts.

2. Verify/audit supplier candidates: if the vendor is real factory or only a trading company, check factory strength (R&D team, assembly line,QC equipment...), can take all this pictures and report for you checking

3. comparing the price.

4. Sample testing: before start cooperation, will ask candidates to provide sample for testing, to see whoes quality is good or acceptable,with report.

5. Follow the production process.

6. Mass production goods Inspection before shipment.------very very very important!
    rodney beech likes this.
  2. Barry chan

Barry chan

hope it some helps to all of you.
    To get best price + high quality product, It take your mind and heart on it, some people say cheated by others, or products is not what is want, I think the answer is"he is lazy".
  3. Cody

Cody

I don't necessarily think the answer to someone feeling cheated by Chinese sourcing agents or suppliers is "He is lazy", however it is more down to a simple 'most do not know what to look out for'. That's what places like this forum exist for. Keeping our members informed with where to look, who to work with, what to keep an eye out for.

It's also becoming increasingly harder with verifying Chinese suppliers now, as the same qualified factories are now being used/ shared with those that create counterfeit products.

Though also asking for samples, pictures, documents etc may all well be the right thing to do, it doesn't mean your mind and heart will be settled.

Other cases, photos of the products were provided, along with samples, however when the real paid for item turns up only then the customer realises it has been switched/ replaced with a dodgy, low quality product.
  4. Barry chan

Barry chan

Some point i do not agree, The forum exist not only tell them where to look, who to work with, The most important is the way how to find right place, how to find right person. Tell them fishing is more important give fish.

I read a lot in the forum, I can see that most of people is not professional international buyers, including you, even do not come to China,Hongkong ever.

I worked with Viglen,Exertise, Medion buyer team in past 2 years, they are professionals and never worry about the replace/switch. Their discuss is how to work together with suppliers to take more market share, to design the best products, to know how supplier support on payment, on marketing...
  5. Frankcheung

Frankcheung

hi,
    i do think both of you are right.

Barry face to buyer from larger company with professional knowledegs of proudcts, and strictly buying procedure. They will sign Golden sealed samples and ask 3rd party to do inline/final inspections to make sure things are runing smoothly and receiving goods which same as Golen samples.

Cody might on behalf of most of smaller buyers who are got the opportunities to expand their business but want to get a better suppliers without paying visit to factories. Then factory don't honor their initial/correct samples in mass production by thousands of excuses.

At this situation, i would suggest to ask 3rd party to help you to check the goods before shipment.
    But strongly not suggest you to use ITS, SGS, etc which inspector were corrupted totally by entire team as my suppliers said, and i also witness one case...

one of their WM order to Brazil which is only 200 mini steppers, but the 3rd party inspector ask for $400 with finding dirty mark on the jumping mesh only. the dirty marks was cuased by silkscreen printing.
  6. Obook Your Taobao Agent

Obook Your Taobao Agent

Totally agree with Frank, buyers can always get more assurance with higher budget.

Indeed, business can seldom makes profit with the perfect products and should accept/tolerate certain level of defects. It seems to me that Cody's view makes more business sense.

For most SMEs and startups, the only practical way to locate good suppliers is through small sample orders. Of course, a stable supply chain can help to avoid miscommunications and minimize expectation gap.

Harry

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong