1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

China supplier requesting passport?

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by delb0y, Nov 3, 2016.

1. delb0y

delb0y

Hi folks

Quick question recently sent a payment via bank transfer supplier has confirmed payment but are asking for my passport so money can be released to their bank??
    I have never been asked to supply my I'D. Is this normal practice ?

Thanks
  2. ylliu6688

ylliu6688

Normally, the receiver won't asking your personal information, but recently the supervision on foreign exchange are more strict by China government.

please check with your Chinese supplier for the details.

I did not encounter such issue to receive payment in China from my oversea clients either to my private account or company account.
  3. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Smells fishy to me. I would proceed with caution.
  4. James0806

James0806

I think you can ask your bank about the details......they will tell you what to do....
  5. Andrew Ness

Andrew Ness

What? Passport? No one asks for that. You should serious be cautious while dealing with him now. It is better to stay away from it if possible.
  6. Chee Teng

Chee Teng

no no no, if u do TT,never need your passport,if you write wrong information like numbers swift code etc.,then money will back to you,but if money already into their account,your payment already done.do not give them any more personal information. Or u can get more details from your suppliers.
  7. NicoleSourcing

NicoleSourcing

Hello delb0y,

I already heard about that. One of the supplier of my customer got this problem. Despite being paid, she needed to confirm where come from this money and had to provide information about the customer. meanwhile she can't use this money. I think it is crazy, but it seems to be a new regulation.

But from what I heard it doesn't apply to everyone. It depends where the money come from. Only few countries are concerned. My customer was from India. And I am not sure about it, but only Dollars are concerned.