1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  3. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.

Creating a Multiple Variation Listing on Amazon

Discussion in 'eBay, Amazon & Online Marketplaces' started by turt, Nov 13, 2011.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. turt

turt

Hi all,

Im new to Amazon and I'm trying to create a listing with variations. The item is unbranded and no one else is selling it, so I want to create my own listing with all the different variations (these are size and colour). I have purchased all the barcodes i need, but Im having problems creating this variaiton listing. Im actually really surprised how hard Amazon have made this process. Or am i being stupid? (maybe)

Anyway, i tried downloading amazon seller desktop, which just freezes my computer every time. Now I dont know where to go with this, I've read about some sort of flat file uploading system but cant seem to get any info on what this is or how it works. Does anyone know the best way to go about making these variation listings?

Regards

Tim
  2. Dean

Dean

As far as I know you can't do it on UK Amazon - you have to set a different listing for each variation. That's what I had to do with an item that I sell in 10 different colours.
  3. Nick-D

Nick-D

Multi variate listings are limited to certain categories. I believe Kitchen and home is one of them as a friend was listing some stickers in there but got told off by amazon
  4. Dean

Dean

Really? Mine are in Kitchen and Home but I couldn't use variations. Would like to know if I can!
  5. turt

turt

dang. So, as a buyer, if you find an item that you want on amazon.co.uk but it isnt the right size or colour, there is no link to go to take you to the right size or colour?

And also I believe it is against the rules to try to promote other items in your listing, so you cant say 'please check out our other sizes and colours'...?

Is it me or are all online market places run by idiots?
  6. Dean

Dean

LOL, I wasn't aware of that! I've added 'other colours available' to mine with no issues so far. I can't see why that would be a problem really - if it leads to more sales then it's more commission for Amazon.
  7. Dave

Dave

I saw a listing last night that had a drop down box with different options. First one I have ever seen.
  8. Dave

Dave

I have added images that show other colours available.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong