1. Hello Guest, to participate in discussions just click the "JOIN NOW" button and sign up for FREE!

Dealing with the Chinese

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by greedyboy, May 28, 2007.

1. Donna Mallett

Donna Mallett

A small advice, if you go on to a site like Alibaba or Aliexpress or anything else ( I have not tried other places myself) you need to show a genuine interest in buying, so you need to start by asking about order size and price as if you are buying then ask the questions you have about the product description, if you are buying large quanititis, start with that.
  2. zoezoe

zoezoe

Nice post! It's really worth reading! Thanks for sharing!
  3. Linda Chery

Linda Chery

GOOD article to share, thax very much.
    I save this article, maybe one day I need it.
  4. Powered

Powered

Great article, great advice for anyone who wishes to do business with chinese.
  5. Shane Mason

Shane Mason

Being new to import (and after three successful shipments I have just received a slightly diff one) I offer my sincere "thanks" for taking the time to write such an insightful peice. Much appreciated :)
  6. Carl Miranda

Carl Miranda

Hi Recontread,

Well... you have to do your own research.

There are a lot of useful websites listing scam companies.

Just a few seconds Google search for the companies you mentioned is enough reason to stay away from them. They are both SCAMS, and if you deal with them say goodbye money:

Feiteng Trading:

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Shenlon Industry:
    ********************************************************************************************************

But even if a company is not listed as doing scams anywhere you should be extremely careful. Ask for company registration, never send money to personal bank account, ask for customer references that you can call yourself, always get a sample order before making any big order (if you lose a couple of hundred bucks the damage wont be so big).

I find this website particularly helpful regarding some basic tips: ***********************************************************

Good luck!
  7. hashah2012

hashah2012

great info may the lord provide blessing for the leaders that guide us thru the mist of the unknown.
    amen .
    i had just one question lets say you were a budding teenager saving all his paper run money , trying to find ways to make a little bit more for a christmas hamper and a few brewskies by the lake. what particular good could you start with to buy and sell from china , to try and get some extra cash , or would you try to save up for coming up with some thing you can oem or odm upon with your own logo etc.
    would you try and buy and sell online or in your local town?
    any ideas :D
  8. jajajaga

jajajaga

Hi,Delux:
    You want to as a distributor or some else kind of Nike? If you want to buy some big quantity, you can cooperate with Nike directly. If not, you can connect with his distributor, give you a good price. May be you can import some in China. The first thing to do is your target market,scale. Then you can get you need.
  9. abbyok

abbyok

I am doing some business about international trade. I am a chinese. Having read about this artical, I want to say. Nowdays, In china, Most people are doing real business,They are not scammer. Difficult to find a customer, If cheat this time, so where is the next time........

<MOD EDIT : contact details removed>
  10. mccoyqin129

mccoyqin129

Summary too well, thank
  11. iofferbizs

iofferbizs

it is a good article with a objective point of view, thanks
  12. MSFB

MSFB

god this thread is overrun with spam
  13. Kevin You

Kevin You

Hello! Everybody! I am from China, my name is Kevin You and this is my first time to make a post here.
    Thanks Greedyboy to share your experience with Chinese businessman, and I would much like to make friends with every people here to communicate for some business experience. Thank you!
  14. Mouratti

Mouratti

Great many thanks for advice
  15. Audrey Gung

Audrey Gung

That's really nicely written. Yes, of course, all chinese traders are not scammers. Many want to enlarge so they care much about the whole trading process.
  16. Sbert

Sbert

Great article.So fantastic.....
  17. pennebaker

pennebaker

Really informative. Thank you
  18. sven31

sven31

informative, yes... but will never deal with chinese, i hate chinese people...
  19. BlindFoxTrading

BlindFoxTrading Banned Member

If you want to be sure not to get scammed by China manufacturers and suppliers, why not start out using websites such as Alibaba and DHgate, who don't release your money to the seller until you have confirmed that you're happy with the goods.
  20. Kobi Zhang

Kobi Zhang

very impressive,

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong