1. Hello Guest, to participate in discussions just click the "JOIN NOW" button and sign up for FREE!

Dealing with the Chinese

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by greedyboy, May 28, 2007.

1. caier123123

caier123123

I am a Chinese supplier, I think most Chinese are very good faith
  2. GoBeats

GoBeats

Great Post. Thanks
  3. sinergiatradingyiwuchina

sinergiatradingyiwuchina

the MOQ depends on what kind of products you are looking for.
  4. sinergiatradingyiwuchina

sinergiatradingyiwuchina

yeah, or find a purchasing assist who can make your purchasing in China much easier.
  5. joyce.w

joyce.w

Thanks for your article and you relly see a lot in this,
    My factory is just like you say,bottom of the food chain,(in buyers' view :the highest of food chain). USA famous brand (like kohler, the American standard,Delta,MJSI,Moen,)buy products from Taiwan's trade company,
    and Taiwan's trade company buy from another Taiwan's company which located in China mainland, and then they buy from our factory.
    In this case, my factory becomes in the bottom place of food chain. So we need to do foreign trade, so that to break through...
    Rita Lee likes this.
  6. Rita Lee

Rita Lee

I cannot agree with you any more
  7. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson

Great post! I want buy some Chinses goods and planning to use escrow service - this is the only way to avoid scammers
  8. daphnes

daphnes

I am mobile phone parts supplier from China.o_O
  9. wendychu

wendychu

It seems that I am late here. This is really useful for most of peopel who want to do business with Chinese. Thanks for sharing.
    I come from China, I am so pleased to found this post at the forum.
  10. Golden Boy

Golden Boy

I use paypal and use credit card through there. Anything goes bad, simple charge back does the trick.
  11. regandio

regandio

too many fake ones in China
  12. qualifiedbuyer

qualifiedbuyer

A good post with some valuable experience to share. I'm a bit interested in the business man/woman assortment. Well I am curious to know which type should I belong to. I dont run factories, I dont stock goods, but I sell things at very flexiable quantities. so I'm not factory and not scammer. Call me a trader? a broker? or trader broker mixer...haha...well talking about the scammer, which I hate very much myself. I believe there are scammers all over the world, it is not a thing just out from china. I dealt with lots of foreigners in my daily work and of course I met many different business man/woman. Some are good very faithful with high credit, some are bad with low credit,can be put into the category of scammer, and absolutely they are not chinese. Few years ago I met a buyer from london, he scammed right in my face. Not nice experience but that teaches me there are scammers even in English country. This uk person contacted me saying he is coming to guangzhou to buy home deco. and some jewelery, and he needed a guide who knows the local markets well. We negotiated by emails and calls for a month and finally we reached a deal" we offer agent service for him incl. airport picking up service, car/hotel booking service , markets guiding service , translation/interpretation service, order recording service, shipping&packing service; and his business trip is 7 days,he agreed to pay our service by day." Then he came to guangzhou, we picked him up at airport and completed his first day's marketing tour successfully, at dinner we got an excuse from him "not ready to pay for the service for today,would pay it tomorrow"...although me my coworker and my driver started to doubt on him instantly, but we still offered him one more day's service for nothing. Then we all gave him up on the third day, surprisingly receiving a message from him on the forth day" can go to the markets by texi, does not matter whether we are coming to him or not"... half year later, I receive a call from him again " I am coming to guangzhou again to buy furniture, need help from you, sorry for the last time's behavior, and will change this time...blablabla" ...anyway, I hanged up without speaking a word thinking to myself “cheat once ,business finish for good”
  13. sdrhwrwsj

sdrhwrwsj

I saw that bathroom guy whos always on watchdog. He cracks me up. ' More expensive than the great wall of china' LOL
  14. qualifiedbuyer

qualifiedbuyer

then dont use the bathroom and solve your waste in your own trousers, that way is as cheap as a ben clock... heeeheee
  15. ncwholesale

ncwholesale

hmmmm...
  16. Barry chan

Barry chan

I am a Chinese supplier, I can understand well what he say, Agree all.

He is a succesfull business man, when you still thinking thinking...
  17. JeffNevil

JeffNevil

Great post and well detailed. I would add a cultural note that in China, business and food are generally inextricable. If ever doing business there, try not to turn down offers of lunch/dinner as it is seen as a snub.
  18. SocksHub

SocksHub

well, this is a 10years old thread. but I think everything had been changed. need to look China with a New horizons

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong