1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  3. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.

Did your sales increase when you got Top Seller status?

Discussion in 'eBay, Amazon & Online Marketplaces' started by Ackles, Aug 21, 2011.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ackles

Ackles

I've just been assigned it so am like that :D

I'm looking forward to the discount on final value fees that for sure.
  2. Ackles

Ackles

Is it me or does anyone else find the benefits for top rated seller/power seller completely confusing?
  3. raze599

raze599

Like Ackles I dont understand all of the benefits of being a TRS or PS but I get the jist of it.

I think being a Top Rated Seller would seriously increase sales because firstly your listings come right to the top, secondly, that badge is what the buyers look for when buying.
  4. Ross

Ross

You achieve power seller status for hitting certain turn over or items sold targets. By getting a power seller status you get final value fee discounts.

There are 5 power seller types

Bronze - 20% discount
    Silver - 20% discount
    Gold - 25% discount
    Platinum - 25% discount
    Titanium - 30% discount.

eBay Top-rated sellers receive the following privileges and benefits:

Priority customer support
    Up to a 30% discount on final value fees
    A badge on listing pages
    Improved search standing for fixed price listings in Best Match search results
  5. designstations

designstations

Well done Ackles I just got my top rated seller yesterday as well:). I have only been trading for about 5 months.

I don't know much about it myself all's I Know is that you get 20% discount off the final value fee, top priority eBay customer support and higher raked listings. I think being a top rated seller would make a difference to sales as it shows people that you are trustworthy. Personally when I buy things from eBay I tend to buy from the top rated sellers.
  6. jedi777

jedi777

From getting and loosing my TRS status twice now, I can say from experience it does improve sales but nothing massive.
  7. 1320star

1320star

I just got TRS back yesterday after losing it months ago due to Rogue buyers who are missing a portion of their brains on one side of there heads.........or who have a serious conflict within themselves!!

didn't make a massive improvement to sales last time, we'll see what happens this time?...its the 20% off fees that will be nice, we'll see about sales.....
  8. Number42

Number42

When I first became trs it doubled my monthly sales
  9. super_touring

super_touring

I acheived TRS last month and selling has improved, but sales were improving month by month anyway so hard to judge how much is attributed to TRS.

The 20% discount is the best part in my opinion.

Also, as a buyer I never look for TRS but instead use the feedback and sales volumes to judge a seller.
  10. Beauty Wonderland

Beauty Wonderland

Having TRS allows you to use "Featured First" where your listings will come top of the page for it's keywords in rotation with anyone else who has paid for it. For some of our items having that is essential to kick off sales that will then continue as those first sales have put them on page 1. Without Featured First to do that (have to redo it every now and again if we go out of stock and can't get next lot in fast enough as it's imported and sometimes delays) it would be a slow hard grind to the top, if we ever got there!
  11. jamie89

jamie89

We got PS and TRS in the last few days, only been trading a month!
  12. designstations

designstations

Wow Jamie you have been trading for 1 month and you are already a top rated seller that's fantastic.

I have been reading your thread and I think you are doing a great job keep up the good work. Just a question how many sales have you made since you have been trading?
  13. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

My sales increased about 300% when I became top rated seller. I was also selling thing for a much higher price than competitors too. Only lasted a month though...
  14. jamie89

jamie89

We have sold 107 items since we started :)
  15. TheDevil

TheDevil

16 days ;) :D

Sorry Jamie! Well done though :p

Alan
  16. jamie89

jamie89

Haha show off ;)

16 days is super impressive though!!!!
  17. PaulT

PaulT

I got my TRS status over the weekend. Not noticed much difference yet. I'm using the money saved on the 20% discount to offer free postage which should bump my listings further up the page.
  18. footyhut

footyhut

Does anyone know what turnover numbers in terms of value or customers you have to hit to get the TRS badge?
  19. Beauty Wonderland

Beauty Wonderland

20. NightFox

NightFox

Hi,

I'm a little confused by some of the posts in this thread...

Early this month (September), I hit all my targets for Bronze PS and TRS, but nothing seemed to happen. So I did it a bit of digging and came to the conclusion that it works like this:

On 18th of the month, your stats up to the end of the previous month are assessed for Power Seller status. Therefore, it you hit the PS targets any time in September, you won't actually get PS status awarded until 18th October.

Likewise, on 20th of the month, stats up to the end of the previous month are assessed for TRS, so again if you hit your targets in September you would get TRS until 20th October.

And finally, TRS discount eligibility isn't reviewed until the 16th of each month, so if you get TRS in October, you won't get any discount level awarded until 16th November.

In other words, I met the criteria for 20% discount on about 3rd September, but won't actually get it until 16th November! Seems like totally unnecessary and artificial delays put in place by eBay - surely this could be done on a realtime basis? I guess eBay would offer the excuse that it makes it easier to keep as if a seller falls under performance, he will have a few days to try and recover before the assessment. However, that doesn't mean they couldn't implement realtime assessment for the awarding of PS/TRS and discounts.

Well, that's how I understood the system worked, but then in this thread I see people saying they've picked up TRS within 16 days of trading which somewhat blows my understanding of how it all works out of the water... so what am I missing here?

Neil

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong