1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  3. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.

Do I need a license to have a market stall?

Discussion in 'Start-ups & Business Advice' started by LOCUST, Apr 6, 2005.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LOCUST

LOCUST

Hi all

Been reading loads of threads, and thsi forum is very good indeed and has been very helpful.

Ive been thinking of starting a stall on a large market near me, its on a saturday.

Ive been going to the market years and have a good idea as to what to sell etc.

Im after some advice about how to go about doing it.

Like do i need a licence do i have to purchase a stall etc ?

can anyone help me out with some advice.

Im also gonna start going to car boot sales and maybe selling on ebay, buts thats another thread another time ! lol.

Thanks
    Nick Yellow_Fl:
  2. Muck9

Muck9

What are you thinking of selling?
  3. petesbargains

petesbargains

hi
    I used to run a market stall firstly you need to contact the manager of the market or the council for a licence and then you have to pay for your pitch a lot of markets are different you need to ask a few questions its probably no good asking the stall holders because they will see you as a threat and won`t be very helpful if theres a hot dog stall man there try asking him
    good luck
    pete
  4. Hopeful harry

Hopeful harry

Locust

There's an excellent website that should tell you all you need to know. It has a great database that allows you to look at all the markets in your area, giving details of costs, pitches, availability etc.

http://www.nmtf.co.uk/

If you are on a council run market you'll need insurance. Join the nmtf and it comes with insurance. It cost around £60 when i was trading. On most markets you'll be able to hire a stall for a day £3-4pounds.
    Depending on what your selling, trading on a Saturday only can be difficult as youdon't get to 'turn your stock' quickly enough, and punters become bored lookingat the same stock every week.

Good luck.
  5. Prospero the Wizard

Prospero the Wizard

6. Prospero the Wizard

Prospero the Wizard

£3-4 pounds ... !!! This thread is the one I was looking for. Thanks for direction to the nmtf

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong