1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Drop Shipping in the UK Isn't Dead!

Discussion in 'Dropshipping' started by DropshipDirectory, Jul 24, 2017.

Drop Shipping in the UK is DEAD

1. AGREE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. DISAGREE

100.0%
  1. DropshipDirectory

DropshipDirectory

Hey fellow community. Long time lurker on these forums but now I'm going to commit to getting my arse into gear!

My name is Paul. I'm a 40 something UK Online Entrepreneur/Marketer/Business owner/eBay Trader (just a self employed hack really! but been doing this for over 20 years now) and, today, I'm here to advocate for Drop Shipping...

So many communities seem to have given up on Drop Shipping but actually, in my experience, the market is very buoyant and more and more wholesalers, manufacturers and importers are waking up to the idea that drop shipping is a viable avenue to increase sales, attract more customers and grow their own businesses.

[dramatic pause, waiting for nay-Sayers to leave the room]

"Drop shipping doesn't work"
    Yeah I know. It's old school, out of date, zero profit, filled with dreamers, scammers, idiots right?

BUT, I can tell you, think again. Drop Shipping does work and does allow for profits, success, growth - you just have to find the right provider, cut through the crap, find your niche and choose the right channels!

I've been somewhat successful in drop shipping myself over the years, it's not an easy ride, requires a lot of effort sometimes, hours and hours of research, fastidious customer support, continuous adaptation - In my opinion, the only reason "Drop shipping doesn't work" is because people treat it like a sideline, they want to automate their income and fire-and-forget their business/website without much effort, they get sucked into the dream and think its all going to happen for them, after a while, they don't make any sales, maybe they lose money or it isn't worth the 'effort' for a few pennies profit - this attitude is the only reason Drop Shippers fail. Like any business, it's all about effort, establishing yourself, making connections with suppliers and marketing!

I'm not going to bleat on but i'm determined to raise the profile of UK Drop Shipping through my new directory and in places like this (where all the cool kids hang out ;-))

By the way, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything; I just wan't to raise the profile of Drop Shipping in the UK as a viable way to grow a business, from either side of the fence.

Debate!

Paul.
    Cody likes this.
  2. Cody

Cody

I think from the research I've done, many people feel that dropshipping is difficult and can take time to get the revenue you want. On top of this, it is known there are many scammers out there taking huge amounts of money from people claiming they can make them thousands or millions in their dropship programs.

It's best to point out that like any industry, it's difficult. And with the right research, help, tips and advice, and persistence, it can work. Though knowing what to look out for in terms of scams is something we all need to be aware of.
    budgetapps likes this.
  3. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Definitely not dead. One of our best customers drop ships from us (in wholesale quantities) and reckons he will be able to fully pay off his mortgage soon!
    Jed and Cody like this.
  4. Louise881

Louise881

Hi Paul,

I've started to look at drop shipping recently.

Do you tend to approach wholesalers/manufacturers directly? Or are you using a system like Oberlo or wholesalers who are already advertising themselves as drop shippers?

Would be useful to know!

Hard to find information on drop shipping that isn't trying to sell me some sort of system.

Louise
  5. Louise881

Louise881

Do you mean he essentially acts as a wholesaler himself ?
  6. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Basically yes. He sells our toys by the box full instead of individual pieces and then passes the orders on to me to ship. Spends thousands with us every year and has done for around 4 years now.
    Cody and Louise881 like this.
  7. Louise881

Louise881

That's useful to know thank you!