Easyimex.com?

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by adam63, Jun 20, 2011.

1. adam63

adam63

I have recently come accross this website easyimex.com and it sounds good in that it appears to take the risk out of importing from China, although at a cost membership fee of £99 per year and i think a small percentage on value of order, however that may be worth it to avoid getting scammed.

Has anyone had any dealings with this company and if so what did you think of their service?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2013
  2. nitromas

nitromas

china and fee. sounds not good
  3. 0754ben84

0754ben84

This is a completely legitimate company. They are very good.

£99 is well worth the protection of getting scammed by doing it yourself.
  4. adam63

adam63

Thanks for replying, I had a pretty good idea they were for real but it is nice to have some comformation. They were mentioned in the EAB course by Andy who post's on here.

As someone who is just starting out in the import business I want to make sure i do it right. I alread have several products that I am looking to import, hopefully niche products that are popular but that have not saturated the market and also unbranded.

One thing I notice from the F.A.Q on there website is that they say you need to be V.A.T registered to import products, is that correct?

Do you use them a lot?
  5. 0754ben84

0754ben84

This is from their website.

3) Do I Need An Import Licence Or To Be Registered For Tax?

No you don’t. This is a common misconception about importing. If you’re NOT registered for tax: VAT (in the UK) & GST (in Australia) you would normally have to apply for a temporary number ‘turn number’.

However if you’re importing with EASY IMEX you don’t even need to do that! We’ve got you covered.

Certain products do require specific import permits. And these need to be applied for. However if you’re a member of EASY IMEX this is all done for you. It’s one more thing YOU don’t need to worry about!

You can focus on running your business – not time consuming paperwork.

You don't need to be VAT registered to use them. Easy Imex take care of all that for you.

I have never used them personally but I a good friend uses them regularly!
  6. Lewis Wade

Lewis Wade

I use easy imex myself, good company on the whole, been using them for years.

They charge a fee to cut out all the tyre kickers asking silly questions like can you source me iphone's for $40 haha

Plus once you join you get an account manager to send over all your sourcing requests too.

They will then find factories for you, negotiate and obtain prices for you, deal with any product changes or specifications that you may need, visit the factory to check them out etc Then they will produce you with what's known as a "landed quote". So you will know exactly the cost of the products in your warehouse or storage facility so that you can work out your profit margin before ordering.

Obviously this all has a cost involved which has to be covered hence why you pay your membership fee.

Hope this helps

Lewis.
  7. Su Ying

Su Ying Banned Member

Lewis was right, it's very convenient for foreign traders importing goods from China.
  8. Suusan

Suusan

Am I the only one who can't see the website?
  9. Normany

Normany

Hi,
    The Easy1mex Fee as of now is around £305. If anyone willing to 'share' this fee 50/50. You get 2 sourcing matches per month, so naturally 1 each on this option. I have the funds ready. I am really looking to order some things from them, but i have ordered a 'sample' from an ebay seller, and the price is very very low. I am unsure if i fork out the easy imex fee, along with their 'landed quote' and of course their own markup and shipping, i have a feeling it might work out exactly the same as the ebay seller.
  10. Import Expert

Import Expert

As to the question about a VAT number for importing, no you do not have to be VAT registered - But you do need to apply to HMRC for an EORI number which essentially gives you approval to import. Simple/free process that takes a few days. If you are VAT registered it does mean that you can claim back import VAT paid however.

It is often useful to use a company like them to source a product - they have local people on the ground who know what they are doing. I would however be daft not to plug us slightly as we can arrange the shipping side of things for you if required. We are one of the largest independent freight forwarders in the UK and China is our largest market so we have some amazing rates for seafreight, so no harm in splitting the sourcing and shipping side of things to cut down your base cost.

[email protected]

kind regards,
    Darren.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  11. Lewis Wade

Lewis Wade

Nice1 Darren, I'm always keen to hear about competitive prices on shipping, i'll drop you a PM with my details.

Cheers,

Lewis.
    Import Expert likes this.
  12. Normany

Normany

COMMON PEOPLE,

There must be someone out there willing to divide this risk? Any takers before i go ahead and purchase a membership myself?
  13. GraemeL

GraemeL

Darren - you sure you have the right " Imex " in mind? From what I have read I would not be dealing with them. Its not difficult to get a good agent in China who doest have any bad press.

G
  14. Import Expert

Import Expert

Haha - No it was not the right 'Imex'. I've now edited my original post... Good spot Graeme!
    GraemeL likes this.
  15. Power Forwarding

Power Forwarding

Keep seeing Easy Imex threads popping up all over the place!

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong