1. The voting for December's Business Feature is now open! Don't miss the chance and cast your votes here!
  2. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  3. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  4. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.
  5. The voting for the TWF Web Awards 2014 is now open! Check out the nominees and find out how to cast your vote here!

eBay buyer claims my product is fake - she will be sued unless withdrawn

Discussion in 'eBay, Amazon & Online Marketplaces' started by arganoiluk, Aug 12, 2011.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. arganoiluk

arganoiluk

I've had a negative feeback from an unhappy ebay buyer (who obviously couldn't be bothered to contact me before leaving neg feedback).

She's claimed that the argan oil I sold her was fake.

I don't mind if she doesn't like what I've sold her, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let her get away with telling people I sell fake products. :mad::mad::mad:

I've sent her a message and email that I will sue her for libel if she doesn't withdraw the claim about the oil being fake.
  2. TheDevil

TheDevil

I really don't think this wil hold up and I think you need to watch what you say becaue if you threaten her eBay may ban you.

Goodluck though.

Alan
  3. super_touring

super_touring

Would be carefull how you approach her.

I followed an interesting thread on another forum where a purchaser of some shoes/boots claimed they were fake, but the seller was 100% sure they were not. Seller went in all guns blazing and so woman buyer went to the ends of the earth to be prooved right, calling in Trading Standard, Ebay, Police, Original UK Suppliers and Foreign Manufacturers!!

Even when told by trading standards she did not have a claim she continued her crusade. Not an easy situation for the seller, who had done nothing wrong, other than to sell to the wrong person.
  4. shaununo

shaununo

You may be better off emailing or ringing ebay customer services with a copy of your wholesale purchase order from your supplier to prove that you have bough from a legit source and faxing or emailing this over and asking ebay to remove the negative feedback instead of any threatening emails to your customer, etc. Just cut her out of the picture and try to get ebay to sort it.

Good luck anyway.
  5. raze599

raze599

Yes going directly to eBay is the best thing. Contacting the buyer saying you're going to sue them isnt the most likely of things to work.
  6. steveshaw

steveshaw

How do you guys sleep knowing any time you can be out of business with a few words on eBay.
  7. raze599

raze599

Its scary lol :|
  8. super_touring

super_touring

I am more scared of Ebay shutting me down for no reason as this is genuinely more likely.
  9. arganoiluk

arganoiluk

Everything worked out fine - she removed the negative feedback and left positive feedback instead.

This was not a branded product, it was argan oil, which I bought from an importer based in France.

In turn, they bought it from a French-Moroccan company that has its own production unit to produce argan oil in Morocco.

I have no problem if people don't like the product - I do have a problem if people make a false claim that it's fake.

Anyway, everything's sorted out now.
  10. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

Sounds like your scare tactics worked.
  11. steveshaw

steveshaw

Well done Mark glad it worked out for you.
  12. S.J

S.J

That is the trouble with ebay, one piece of negative feedback no matter how fair or unfair can have a dramatic effect.
  13. crispydog

crispydog

14. footyhut

footyhut

So what would you send with that and if I'm based in Wales would I still send it to Dublin?
  15. footyhut

footyhut

Also would you have the address saved anywhere to hand please?
  16. crispydog

crispydog

Just fill in the form with details of the defamatory feedback comment.
    You can scan & upload it to Ebay here:http://upload.ebay.co.uk/?ref=7x3
    or post to Ebay at:
    Ebay
    Trust & Safety
    Atrium Building, Old Navan Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
  17. footyhut

footyhut

Thanks for that. I have had people threaten me in the past with negative feedback and I've managed to keep my 100% so far but this will give me a little confidence if I'm being screwed with unfairly

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong