1. Hi Guest! Want to share your ideas and knowledge, and be known widely by the community and other readers? Have your article posted in TWF and get your ideas featured! Contact us to know more!

Free Samples

Discussion in 'General Wholesale' started by Issac Saenz, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Issac Saenz

Issac Saenz

I am planning to start a small selling business but before buying stuff from the wholesalers, I am planning to ask for free samples. I contacted 2 but both refused. Is it ok to ask for samples?
  2. liamhawes

liamhawes

I suspect it's harder when you are just starting out like that. I never had a problem in the past but I asked when I was already an established seller and would usually provide a link to my website, ebay, and Amazon account. That way they know you're not just trying to take them for a ride etc.

An alternative some wholesalers may offer you is you can buy a sample, then if you make an order they will give you the money you paid off of it.
    ncwholesale likes this.
  3. Gary

Gary

Many don't give free samples any more, but some will deduct the sample price if you go on to buy a wholesale order but others won't even do that it depends on the supplier.

Basically this is because some were going round getting samples with no intention of buying.
  4. beacon hill

beacon hill

#check @Erik @Cody
    Dean and Erik like this.
  5. Issac Saenz

Issac Saenz

@Gary. I totally agree. I have got a few wholesalers who are offering me the same deal. I am waiting for the samples.
    @beacon hill
    What do you mean by #check @Erik @Cody
  6. Erik

Erik

Hi Isaac,

The #check is just a way for us to view whether there is something suspicious going on the thread. Nothing personal though, as we just try to ensure that we do not get filled by spammers.

As for your question, Gary is right. Usually suppliers will provide samples as long as you pay for it (retail price at times) and basically just for the protection of the supplier. You also have to be careful and still perform due diligence to the wholesalers you are contacting. Asking for samples is not enough, they could probably give you a good one as a sample but might get bad ones in bulk.
  7. Issac Saenz

Issac Saenz

@Erik Thank you for the clarification on #check. I was just curious to know :)

As far as the samples are concerned. Yes, It can be a case that the wholesaler might send good one as a sample but might get bad ones in bulk. Is there anything I can do to tackle this situation?
  8. liamhawes

liamhawes

If you're ordering from China through sites like Alibaba etc there are some companies/people who will offer an inspection service prior to shipping etc.
    Issac Saenz likes this.
  9. Issac Saenz

Issac Saenz

Thanks @liamhawes. However, the wholesalers I am dealing with are not from China.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong