1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  3. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.

Gem Wholesale

Discussion in 'Suppliers' started by Bollo, Dec 2, 2007.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bollo

Bollo

I was looking for some ex-catologue products and found Gem Wholesale.

Has anyone got some experience with this company. It looks very interessting to sell it on ebay.
    But I don't know if the company is okay.

Who can help me out? Before I order something and is al crap.:(
  2. mattm2K7

mattm2K7

Gem is 10000% legit but very hard to get a account with unless your a large buisness
  3. Bollo

Bollo

I have read there terms and conditions and I believe that anyone can buy from them.
    It also states in their F.A.Q. that you can buy from them as a non registered trader.

So I believe that is very easy to buy from them, but I don't know if the products which they sell are okay.
  4. mattm2K7

mattm2K7

Are you sure? You're talking about gem.co.uk or gemdistribution.co.uk right?
  5. Bollo

Bollo

6. rheabs

rheabs

yep.your both talking about 2 different companys...
    one deal with the cream of retails and the other will deal with you on a saturday morning....but most is seconds or retail returns..
  7. FiveStarWholesale

FiveStarWholesale

As above it's a legit business. As with all of these types of deals it's a lottery.

I knew a person who bought on a regular basis. Sometimes he would make a good profit but he would also lose money on some pallets if the items were particulary bad quality.
  8. Bollo

Bollo

But is worth the money to buy a carton or a pallet?
    Or has somebody else a better ex cataloque wholesaler?:eek:
  9. LewisSellers

LewisSellers

It made me smile when I read all the messages about Gem Distribution because I have an account with them and it made me feel special when rheabs said "one deal with the cream of retails" :)

You've made my day!! :) lol, sorry I thought I'd add that in.
  10. FiveStarWholesale

FiveStarWholesale

There wouldn't be much margain in it if you only bought a carton.

As I said, buying a pallet is really hit and miss. From experience you normally get more 'good' pallets then 'bad', but it really is the luck of the draw.

The other thing to take into consideration is that if you are buying a pallet of electrical items then you need to shift them quickly as the true value is always falling. Don't take the RRP as the actual retail price as they can be old and outdated.
  11. aredxwrestler

aredxwrestler

If I bought a Grade A or Grade 1 where the grade is described as it is in perfect condition, wouldn't that pallet that contains that be all stuff in perfect condition? not a hit and mis? Sorry but I am new and trying to learn. When paying only 10% or so of the retail is a pretty good deal, and stupid to pass up.
  12. FiveStarWholesale

FiveStarWholesale

It depends on what the company describes Grade 1 or A as. You might find that the quality varies between businesses. It's worth reading the explanation of the Grades on each business.

These businesses are not out to rip people off. They describe each lot, unfortunately some people don't do their research.

I myself haven't seen many places that you can buy 'perfect' items because the majority are customer returns. You can sometimes get 'overstocked' items or 'discontinued' which should be in good condition but if you buy items that have been returned the quality can vary hugely.

The best way to start is to buy one pallet and see what you get.
  13. aredxwrestler

aredxwrestler

On one of the gem sites, I do not remember off of the top of my head if it is wholesale or distribution, but it describes the grades as quality goods with like 5% damages. If it is damaged in shipping, complaints can be filed, and i think that they might exchange, it was on one of the sites.
  14. lighthousedirec

lighthousedirec

Most of those sites state not their problem, basically sold as seen, so check the T+c's carefully.
  15. Sarah Clements

Sarah Clements

I have just recieved 2 boxes of ladies clothing from Gem wholesale and to say i am very dissapointed is an understatement. The 2 boxes were advertised as including items by labels such as roxy and miss sixty and showed pictures of the kind of items included (It did say that the pictures were only a guide and were not pictures of actual stock but i did expect the goods to be similar to the pictures- It was not) and instead i got labels ive never heard of apart from Ben Sherman and Fred Perry which have never been big names in ladies wear. The items i got were in awful colours such as lime green and in styles my grandmother would refuse to wear. I feel i have been ripped off big time and would advise anyone NOT to buy clothing from these people.:(
  16. seymourbutt

seymourbutt

if you want irrepairable overpriced junk then buy a pallet from Gem wholesale but be warned don't expect to make a profit ,there might be the odd item that is alright but to be honest the majority is only fit for the skip,most items are returns that have been used for weeks so even when they have been repaired are still cheap second hand items ,be prepared to lose money.
  17. xhammer

xhammer

Bought a pallet of women's grade 1 clothing last year and did ok.

About half of the clothes had a minor fault or needed a small repair (this is where the missus came in hand), quite a few items I would describe as grade 2 items and the rest were in a saleable condition.

Just be prepared to hold on to the stock for a time as some of it can be hard to shift.

Probably made about £400 profit in all but took about 2 months :(

Bit too much work for too little return for me but I'm sure others fare better.
  18. bodybargains

bodybargains

i have bought a box of Sat navs and a box of gold from Gems wholesaler and both have been in perfect condition. The Sat navs were listed as faulty so i took a gamble and everyone of them worked after a full 24hr charge :clap:. Also the Giold made me a nice little profit and i even gave my missus the most expensive piece for her birthday. Everyones a winner :thumbup:.
  19. burger

burger

had loads of clothes from them all have been brand new albeit out of season but sold the lot every time, so no probs for me
  20. Tasawar Ali Khan

Tasawar Ali Khan

:cool: :cool:
    hi, i have tried to make a account with gem distribution but failed can you help me

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong