1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Go for it!?

Discussion in 'Dropshipping' started by Steve Burrows, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Steve Burrows

Steve Burrows

I read good reports about setting up a Shopify store with Oberlo and starting dropshipping from Aliexpress that makes me want to do it, then i read bad reports which put me off. Is the best thing to do just to set it up and go for it and succeed or fail by my own experience ?
  2. Gary

Gary

Hi,

Just to note that I have moved your thread to the dropshipping section for relevance where hopefully somebody with more experience of using those providers than I have will be able to come along and advise you.

All the best!
  3. Kingamer

Kingamer

My advice would be that drop ship from China is not the best thing to do as times have moved on and people want they item yesterday and this would not really work would be far too much headache replying to message about where item is also just setting up a site is just the started off it your site is one off how many million sites how are you going to get it out let your customers know where you are have you thought about that

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  4. Steve Burrows

Steve Burrows

Yes I have, Shopify itself handles a lot of the SEO, then there's social media marketing; Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest just to start, possibly a bit of advertising, maybe creating a blog, Like & Share starts the ball rolling somewhere. Are you saying it's better to never try rather than to try and fail/succeed ?
  5. Jen.C

Jen.C

Hi Steve,

I don't believe drop shipping from Ali Express is a good idea to be honest, like the other poster said people are so impatient these days and are not willing to wait the 1 month + delivery times it takes from China to the UK. You would be better off buying directly from Ali Express and selling and shipping the items yourself. I order from Ali Express all the time and I have done very well with them but there are times that they have sent the wrong size ring or even the completely wrong ring. Your customers aren't going to be too happy to wait a month for a ring only to find out it's the wrong size or wrong ring then having to wait another month to get the right one.
  6. Jed

Jed

Agree with both of the above, imagine waiting up to several weeks for an item you've bought to be shipped to you in the year 2017 when most retailers are offering next day or even same day delivery.

Your two options would be find a dropshipper in the same country, or buy in bulk from China and handle it all yourself.