1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  3. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.

Good' Till Cancelled

Discussion in 'eBay, Amazon & Online Marketplaces' started by Success James, May 31, 2009.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Success James

Success James

Hello, on ebay are options to select duration for fixed price as a days or Good' Till Cancelled.

Any opinions? Just renew listing when its duration ends or stay Good' Till Cancelled?
  2. Michael

Michael

I use 30 day listings and relist if and when necessary.
  3. Success James

Success James

And does it renew your listing automatically every 30th day?
  4. Michael

Michael

No. I have to relist them manually.
  5. Tunes

Tunes

If you open a shop then you can get GTC listings. They are like 30 day listing however they renew automatically every 30 days, and any listing fee's are then charged every time it is automatically relisted.
  6. Success James

Success James

Yes, that is why i asked about, wich option is beter duration as a days or GTC?

And if listing fees ar charged every time it is automatically relisted, so what is the good points of this? Only that i don't have to relist it manually? Or something more? Or maybe even some bad aspects of using this option??
  7. jedi777

jedi777

I prefer days as you can control how long your item is up for easier
  8. Success James

Success James

But if i know, that price, picture, description, have to stay the same. It isn't very nice to renew for example 2000 items every month :D I think better would be if i would have to make changes for few items, i need.

But respect for opinion, anyway ;)
  9. jedi777

jedi777

Oh, I didnt know it was that many items
  10. Tunes

Tunes

In my opinion GTC is still better, especially if you have hundreds of items. As relisting them all again every 30 days would be pain and a waste of time. GTC is a lot better for best match too, since sales history plays a huge role in how high you item is placed in best match. Plus there been no down time between the listing ending and it being manually relisted.
  11. truereddevil

truereddevil

I take it if you put it on a good until cancelled if you only have 1 of that item or say 3 of that item then as soon as they are sold it will just cancel the listing :)
  12. Tunes

Tunes

You are correct.

Ebay also say once an listing ends (for whatever reason) if the it is relisted within 7 days the the new listing will have the same sale history for theo ld one and help with best match placement and I think placement in general. Which is good to know if an item sells out very quickly. However I haven't relisted enough to be able to prove this for myself.
  13. charlie-j

charlie-j Banned Member

If you sell using Selling Manger you can create automation rules to relist if it doesn't sell. What are the fees for good until cancelled?
  14. Tunes

Tunes

The same as 30 days, as far as I know. I haven't used 30 days in a long time.
  15. craigc

craigc

Listing fee's are same as 30 days, I currently use 30 days and assign automation rules so that the items automatically re-list anyway but thinking about changing over to Good Till Cancelled myself, the problem with the automation rules is it doesn't keep any sales history once re-listed whereas I tink Good Till Cancelled does.
  16. Andy777

Andy777

You can also use eBay's inventory feature (I believe that comes only with Selling Manager Pro) and update stock levels as needed, without touching the listing itself.
  17. Success James

Success James

Ouh, yes, it is. Thanx.

About £5 a month.
  18. craigc

craigc

Or free with an eBay shop
  19. Tunes

Tunes

Its only free with a featured shop, if you have the basic shop it still costs £5.
  20. Lucus

Lucus

Hello

Only GTC listing will let you use Markdown Manager as great option ebay offer.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong