1. Hello Guest, to participate in discussions just click the "JOIN NOW" button and sign up for FREE!

Guide to Printing Address Labels for your eBay Orders

Discussion in 'Payment & Shipping' started by psxgamer, Aug 12, 2011.

1. psxgamer

psxgamer

In English the formula would be:

=Uppercase([saleshistory.cvs]saleshistory'!C4).

Afterwards you drag this formula down. So if you expect to have 200 order a day, drag it down to row 200 (better 250 or so).

To import these data into word you need to do a Mail Merge. Sorry, hard to explain since the MS Word I'm using is not in English and I don't know all the terms in English. But should find enough guides about this in Google.

So you need to merge the worddocument with the new Exceldocument you created. Once done you just repeat this dayly and you can very quickly print out the labels with a label printer. I've been doing this for months and works perfect.
  2. night rider

night rider

awesome work
  3. psxgamer

psxgamer

My knowledge after teaching MS Office courses for +- 10 years sure came in handy :)
  4. night rider

night rider

5. Michael_

Michael_

Amazing.

Can this be done on an inkjet printer too?

I was thinking of using A4 sheets of pre-cut sticker paper.
    For example, I'd have an A4 sheet with two columns of 5 labels.

Any specialized knowledge of yours might helps.

Thanks a million.
  6. Jam Man

Jam Man

Is it not possible to do a mailmerge in 2010, and just select what fields you want to include without having to make the new excel file with only the name and address?

Also, how do you tell word to indicate first class or second class. We have an image stamp that we can use for second class, and one we use for first class. If word can apply the right image stamp then it would be perfect.

Finally, how do you know what each person ordered? Are you putting the item name somewhere on the label?
  7. Mac_

Mac_

For some odd reason when i come to printing the labels after i have done the mail merge it prints out 1 labels, misses the next and prints the one after that and so on :S

Ive done it for around 400 orders and its the same problem. Its too much hassle to go back do all the missing ones manually as it takes up to much time.

Any solution to this?
  8. love-clothes

love-clothes

if you can afford it, i'd go for the ebay paper (around £30 for 1000 pieces)
    you can simply use selling manager and choose print invoice and it will print out your invoice and the address bit you just peel off and stick.
    uses a fair bit of ink and 1 a4 sheet per order.
  9. Mac_

Mac_

Integrated labels?
  10. psxgamer

psxgamer

Yes you could do this on an inktjet printer but I would strongly advice to use some kind of labelprinter. With a labelprinter: 5 adresses = 5 labels. If you print this on a sheet you'll be stuck with 5 unused labels which will be very difficult to use unless you start printing label by label.

Furthermore these labelprinter don't use any ink.
  11. psxgamer

psxgamer

Is it not possible to do a mailmerge in 2010, and just select what fields you want to include without having to make the new excel file with only the name and address?
    You can do this without a problem. The main reason to create this second Excel file is to pull out only the information you need from your sale history and to give the data the right format.

Also, how do you tell word to indicate first class or second class
    We don't have the difference in first class and second class in my country. So no idea how to fix this

Finally, how do you know what each person ordered? Are you putting the item name somewhere on the label?
    The labels are printed in the same order as your pending Ebay orders. I know the most right label is for the Ebay order at the top of my list of orders waiting to be dispatched. So I get the items out of my stock in this order. To my item, Ebay dispatch list, labels are all in the same order. I just quickly check if the address on the label matches the one on Ebay.

This system is perfect when sending 10-50 orders a day. for more orders you might considerate another sulution.
  12. psxgamer

psxgamer

Is there a blank row in between address in the Excelfile? It can also be cause by your label. 1 mm too big may mean it can't get printed and will print a blank label after each address. But in this case all addresses should be printed.

The most possible reason is that you mad a fould in the "Skip Record If".

You must set it on

If Field (you just choose the name of the colum that's empty when a customer buys multiple items e.g. name)
    equals "" (type two ". These "" = empty)

So buy doing this you say everytime in a row the name is blank, it can skip the label. This mean only 1 label will be printed per order no matter how much objects.
  13. Mac_

Mac_

Hi,

No i always make sure i take out all the empty rows before i do the merge.

I am sorry, i do not understand what you exactly mean.

I have 800+ orders to get out by Monday and things are not looking good so far :l
  14. psxgamer

psxgamer

It's difficult to explain for my MS Office is not in English and I don't know the the English translation for it.

The mergefields you used in your Worddocument, are it just mergefiels as Name, Street,... or dit you also put in some special fields?

My word document looks like:

<< Name >>
    << Street >> << Number >>
    << Adress >>
    << Country>>
    << skip record if >>

By using this skip record field you don't have to manually delete empty rows, they will be automatically skipped

This last one you set like this (fingers crossed that I translate it correctly)
    Menu Mail Merge
    Ribbon > Rules > Skip record if

There will be a pop up screen where you have to fill out 3 things
    1. Fieldname: e.g. name because the cell with the name is empty when a customer buys multiple items
    2. equation: equals
    3. compare with: ""

So in human speach: skip the record when the name is empty.

You say when printing you have record 1 - 3 - 5 - 7 - 9 - ... So it must be you did something wrong with this skip record field
  15. Mac_

Mac_

haha i think its me who cannot digest the information quickly enough.

I am going to sit and try to take this in and come back to you with an outcome.

Thanks
  16. love-clothes

love-clothes

yes intergrated labels, bit pricey when your doing 1000 orders a week though!
    thats roughly £30 per week (you could probably get them for less if you buy bulk) plus ink costs so around £35.. saying that. 1000 orders a week is great going!!
  17. Mac_

Mac_

Hi,

Ive just tried the "Skip record if" field but still the same problem. It prints one and misses the next and prints the next. I am beginning to hate this process lol :(
  18. psxgamer

psxgamer

Is it just a blank label or is the blank label effectively an address that isn't being printed?
  19. Mac_

Mac_

Its an address that is not being printed. So for example i have 200 address to print... It prints 1,3,5,7,9,11.........199 so essentially it prints 100 out of 200 labels.
  20. psxgamer

psxgamer

just pm'ed you

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong