1. Hi Guest! Want to share your ideas and knowledge, and be known widely by the community and other readers? Have your article posted in TWF and get your ideas featured! Contact us to know more!

Guide to Printing Address Labels for your eBay Orders

Discussion in 'Payment & Shipping' started by psxgamer, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Mac_

Mac_

Thanks... i'll check it out now :)
  2. psxgamer

psxgamer

Just came to an unpleasant surprise.

Some people put a comment to thank me that it worked. I have no clue how. I've just created a SalesHistory file but instead of doing it on Ebay.be I used Ebay UK. The file I downloaded looks completely different as the one I download on the .be. This file is to no use whatsoever to print labels the I've described above.

On the .be all fields like name, address,.. are in seperate columns making very easy to manage this data and to link it in a mailmerge. When I download the file on the UK it's all in 1 column seperated by a " an ,. Meaning you could could quite easily import this in a database like MS Access, but for the moment I have o clue how I could find a way around this using MS Excel.

Don't know which Ebay moron programmed this, but it's about the worst format you could give this file.
  3. Jam Man

Jam Man

I am doing it on a UK site, and if you use seller manager it will let you download it as CSV where you then mailmerge. Works well, been using it for about 3 or 4 months.

Thanks
  4. Carbootoroons

Carbootoroons

can you Elaborate Jam man? .. Im really struggling with this and im trying to get my head around it and I too am in the Uk .. I download the sales history on the awaiting dispatch ebay screen after checking all of the boxes .. but I dont know what I do with the file and I dont understand mail merging :/ .. thanks for any help recieved
  5. Jam Man

Jam Man

The best way to start if you don't know anything about mail merging is go over to youtube and watch a few tutorial to understand what it is used for, they show you how to actually use the feature in Word too. I think that'll be quite useful to begin with.
  6. Carbootoroons

Carbootoroons

Thanks for the reply I have watched a vid and yes I now feel like I understand what the mail merge is about, my confusion is I dont know what formula to put on word that relates to the name/address parts of the sales history download, also it would be nice to have it in I think its called Proper (when it makes all the first letters capital .. and hopefully the address all capital?)

thanks again + sorry for my lack of knowledge
  7. Carbootoroons

Carbootoroons

I meant the postcode all in capitals*
  8. deadlydoug

deadlydoug

Using the formula =upper(cell) gets it all in capitals
  9. Couple2012

Couple2012 Banned Member

Can this be done with a standard inkjet printer or is a proper label printer required?
  10. EvanVThomas

EvanVThomas

I think you'll need a proper label printer for the work. Other wise it will go waste.
  11. psxgamer

psxgamer

As sais above you could do exactly do the same with a normal printer but when printing 10 labels on a 25 page sheet, the rest of the labels will be wasted. This works best with any type label printer.
  12. Couple2012

Couple2012 Banned Member

But surely I could just buy labels that are like 6 per sheet?
  13. deadlydoug

deadlydoug

I've always used an inkjet printer - currently I use two per A4 sheet as it works best with my postage software but have used different number of labels per sheet in the past. Once you have it organised its easy.
  14. psxgamer

psxgamer

You can also do this in your MS word document. Just select the mail merge fields. And format the font as ALL CAPS. That's easier for people that don't know a lot about Excel.
  15. Torent5

Torent5

will that way work with brother printers?
    psxgamer - would you help me to do it?
    i am happy to pay you a bit but i need to reduce time of printing labels specially on mondays.
    is there any way to choose which one i want to be printed and which one not?
    how do i know what is the purchased item? is there any way to sign them?
  16. psxgamer

psxgamer

This should work with all printers but the easiest is to use a label printer.

As above, on Ebay when you receive a payment you mark the items as payment received (will happen automatically if the buyer pays with PayPal. Then you donwload your items that await dispatch.

So you'll automatically print 1 label for each order that await dispatch.

Sorry absolutely no time to help now. I'm burried under a big pile of work myself.
  17. Fishpalace

Fishpalace

When I first started I bought a brother address label printer from Costco and it is brilliant.

My volume was low but I printed labels quickly and without hassle and a cost effective way of Packaging for someone starting out, if you don't want to print despatch notes/invoices.

Refill labels vary from £6 to £26 and the £26 are great value for money, unbranded but just as good as brother's.

Saved loads if time when compares to using address label sheets or handwriting.
  18. Parcelhub.co.uk

Parcelhub.co.uk

We have recently created an eBay web despatch system / eBay courier integration which may be of use to the higher volume eCommerce sellers on here.
  19. Ba-Bu Trading

Ba-Bu Trading

Does anyone have any recommendations on thermal label printers that I can print Royal Mail (signed for) labels on? I have a Brother QL 700 but the biggest label I can buy appears to be too small.
  20. Dean

Dean

Zebra GK420d. That's what we got when we moved over to printing the 6x4" Royal Mail labels. There may be a newer model as this was a year or so ago. We've had no problems with the Zebra and you can get the labels free from Royal Mail.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong