1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Hawthorn Distribution Ltd

Discussion in 'Dropshipping' started by gracie1985, Dec 3, 2016.

1. gracie1985

gracie1985

Has anyone used Hawthorn Distribution Ltd (located in the UK) as a dropshipper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Cody

Cody

Hi @gracie1985

Welcome to the forums,

I would always recommend when searching for companies to look for online reviews too.

Having just typed in 'Hawthorn Distribution Ltd reviews' in Google I found this link that you may be interested in.
  3. beacon hill

beacon hill

A few mixed reviews there

From one point of view you could say most bad comments are about the courier service and not the drop shipper.
    But saying that,Hawthorn have chosen to use a budget courier service, so should take responsibility
    for using this type of service (corner cutting)
  4. gracie1985

gracie1985

Thanks for the information - I am still trying to find dropshippers in the UK without having to pay worldwidebrands to access their list

5. deetee25

deetee25

Hawthorn Distribution Ltd goods are priced to high you can't compete online with half of the competitors.
  6. gracie1985

gracie1985

This is not true - I have checked prices they are more expensive than Amazon and offer very little margin

7. gracie1985

gracie1985

Oh wait I misread - yes they are priced too high

8. gracie1985

gracie1985

You are right

9. T6021

T6021

Hawthorn as a company great to work with, and the staff are nice, but the price of the products and the margins are simply not worth it. We turned over quite a bit in the first year, and we didn't even make a 10% margin, minus advertising and marketing costs it was more like 7% and some sales we actually lost money on! We turned over less than <£700 in profit in a year of trading. We also had quite a lot of missing packages and abusive customers.

Simply is not worth the setup of a store and the hassle of sending over orders and dealing with abusive customers IMO. We are working with them closely to try and expand our store further - however so far over the past two years it hasn't been great IMO. It's a competitive market and we are building new stores away from the health and beauty sector.

£7.19 for 2KG or more shipping. Customers simply don't want to pay it too!

They are good as a company but the margins are poor and not a profitable business. We still work on our site and continue to add products, but we don't focus on it as a primary business anymore.
    gracie1985 likes this.
  10. T6021

T6021

11. jordessi176

jordessi176

I am really grateful for this post.

I was wondering how you are getting on with expanding your store. Did you have your online store built and pre-stocked by Hawthorn? The reason I ask is because I am in the process of having a site built by them and this message has left me somewhat concerned.
  12. jordessi176

jordessi176

Anyone know of another company I can contact? Much appreciated.