1. Hello Guest, Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

How to Qualify your China Supplier

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by Global Sources, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Frank002

Frank002

Firstly,I want to say that there are many many many good manufactuers in China mainland.
    But you should pay more time to check.If you could communicate with them very well,you will get surprising results.
    If you think you are buyer,so you are the no 1,you wont get anything .Respect each other is very important .
    Many foreigners have misconception with our Chinese suppliers.
    Good luck with you all!
  2. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

You still need to be careful here. The first small order may be perfect. The next, order may be rubbish. Don't be fooled. It's very easy for the unwary to be cheated.
  3. Jacob82

Jacob82 Banned Member

the fact is so funny, i really think so, so many chinese saleman wanna find client from all over the world and we also find that so many chinese saleman are really a sincerity . you all know in china ,we also have forum about the inernational trade ,from where we know that it's so difficult to find a client ,every day ,what we do is to find the client's email address and post it out with our own email,but the effect is not so good . and here ,so many people are worried about the scammer in china ,why ? i think about it . and i figure out that maybe the scammer are so professional to find the right client than our saleman.even they cheat everyone ,maybe the work harder and always have the right way, or i really have another reason , the scammer are a big union/mass ,but the company is single cuz of the benefit.
  4. iFernando

iFernando

It worthy well to have a Chinese representative when you buy frequently and in large amounts from China.
  5. Vincent Clinton

Vincent Clinton Banned Member

A such long article, but it's really useful for China sourcing. Clobal Sources is an China renowned purchasing platform.
  6. catchtheniche

catchtheniche

Yes this is true. This is why I grow slowly with each supplier. I start from few and after that a little bit more. Don't put your eggs in one basket ;)
  7. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

There is no substitute for using a known verification company to check out your Chinese suppliers. This is what we do for a living, as we have offices in the UK, Shanghai and Zaragoza and some years of experience. It's becoming a cruel world out there, so don't risk your money. Getting a check made can save you both money and considerable stress.
    www.qubikuk.com
  8. micamao

micamao

Thanks for sharing
  9. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

Always get someone to verify your suppliers. If you don't follow this simple rule, be prepared to lose your money. Always be suspicious of requests for WU payments. Professional people do bank transfers in Euros or US Dollars.
  10. faittech

faittech

Thank you very Much lots of very useful informations for us like new importers and baby boomers of trade world.
  11. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

Let's be realistic here. A £40 charge for doing a proper check on a supplier is hardly likely to cover the costs for an in- depth inspection. Make sure you aren't getting ripped off by people claiming to do an inspection, but in reality doing nothing. I am in Shenzhen at the moment and most factory/product inspections take a full day, sometimes a lot of travelling on trains, buses or taxis. I always take with me a Chinese national, who can ferret out dubious traders and our checks include a look at their track record, their payment methods, warranty arrangements. It's not easy work. So, as we do not run our business as a hobby and because we take the protection of our customers seriously, our charges are somewhat higher. That is the way professionals work. Those interested email me at - [email protected]
    Import Expert likes this.
  12. Marianh

Marianh

It's very important to me.So great information it is.
  13. 1711

Hi China-Quality

Good advice! Do you know where i can find that 3rd party information both for China and UK?

Thanks a lot!
  14. jiau

jiau

Useful for me.thanks
  15. newfurb

newfurb

So how do I find an agent over in china? And how do I know if the agent isnt a scammer or not?
    Salsal Sahib likes this.
  16. Salsal Sahib

Salsal Sahib

thanx for the topic so helpful...but I think that is risky when transferring money without inssuring that your package will be deliver or not...
  17. Ransom Agui

Ransom Agui

Some very insightful posts here. When you're new to the import business, it is indeed well advised that you work with professionals experienced in the import/export business in China. They can assist you in identifying which product to source, they can connect you to the suppliers and they can even help you market those products. One of these is myimportlabel.com.au which is based in Australia. Right now, importing from China has captured the interest of many because of the low cost of products they manufacture.
  18. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

There is no substitute for having a proper factory inspection, by appropriately experienced independent people. Any other way and many of you will get your fingers badly burnt, as these posts would indicate. Dealing with the Chinese is never easy or straight forward. They have a very different code of ethics!
  19. S0ulution

S0ulution

Great guide thanks! :)
  20. Andrew Gardner

Andrew Gardner

Hi,

Im searching for certin types of Nail polish which all lead back to chinese companies.i would welcome comments/advice from anyone in the UK who has succesfully done this,and which is a good trusted Chinese supplier for such products please?

Andy