1. Hello Guest, to participate in discussions just click the "JOIN NOW" button and sign up for FREE!

How to rank for the right keywords

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Cody, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Cody

Cody

I have been working on this for a good few months now and really do hope that it serves many people well.
    There are some useful tips and information in this piece that I wish to share with everyone in hope to improve your SEO, Google ranking & traffic as well.

Being too long to include in the blog side of TWF it is instead a PDF downloadable.

Let me know you all think - I look forward to hearing all the feedback!

Attached Files:

Dave, jacobseye, liamhawes and 2 others like this.
  2. psxgamer

psxgamer

Very good article @Cody
    Cody likes this.
  3. liamhawes

liamhawes

On a bit of a sidenote, I recently got semrush and it's some of the most useful tech I've ever paid for. Just so people know if you look around on google you can often find a 1 month free trial.
    Cody likes this.
  4. Cody

Cody

Thanks guys -

@liamhawes yes, Semrush is an amazing piece of tech, and great for showing you where you stand in relation to competitors.

I also use linkassistant to check rankings, on-page, backlinks, and reports of competitors as well - which is handy to use when trying to find sites that backlink to your competitors work which may be outdated - as mentioned in my above piece. (Linkassistant is free to download).
  5. Cody

Cody

Must also point out that tools such as Semrush and other SEO services do offer a free daily limit option, which doesn't always work - for example, it shows TWF gaining 1000 organic traffic a month, I can say we gain a hell of a lot more than this. This is a terrible technique that many people tend to use when trying to analyze a competitor, of someone to advertise with. They question the sites future in affect because of this false report.

It's always best, like you have done, to purchase the product to get the actual results.
  6. beacon hill

beacon hill

Thanks Cody
    Would you say this applies only to new pages / content on your website or
    existing pages that can be edited with better titles and keywords
  7. plusmarketing

plusmarketing

Really useful article Cody. I especially liked the bit about entering your competitors URL to get an idea of their keywords.
    Cody likes this.
  8. Cody

Cody

Editing and adjusting existing pages is something that I do quite a lot as it is, and search engines will appreciate this as it's a good way to bring those back to life. Likewise with re-posting previous content via social media & newsletters to gain more traffic will help it become more active. The more active and popular a page/ site/ content is (with the right keywords) shows up more easily in Google too.

However, I would say focusing more of your time creating fresh and new content is the way to go. Fair enough if you edit existing content, however Google really wants to see an updated site with new and fresh engaging content.
    beacon hill likes this.
  9. Cody

Cody

Thanks a lot - there's no rule against it really. It's a dog eat dog world out there so knowing what your competitors are up to will help to limit your competition :D
  10. liamhawes

liamhawes

I have an excel sheet with my top 10 competitors listed and their top 100 most read web pages each, and their top keywords. I like to keep tabs on everything that I can.
    kryskros, beacon hill and Cody like this.
  11. Cody

Cody

Just wanting to check if anyone has used the tips included in this article, and if so, what improvements have you seen? (If any).
  12. jacobseye

jacobseye

Thank-you!
    Cody likes this.
  13. praveenitech

praveenitech

do the off page submission to get the rankings for keywords
  14. annajaden

annajaden

Use Keywords as anchor text it is also helpful for seo
  15. Cody

Cody

As long as the anchor text is related to the landing page. For example, a phrase such as "click here for more info" would not be beneficial, however, "Read this article about Ranking for keywords" would be better.
  16. daniel nash

daniel nash

I read your article, it is very useful. and tricks about keywords research through pinterest is awesome.
    Cody likes this.
  17. Cody

Cody

Thank you! If you plan to follow any of these tips please keep me updated with the outcomes and success :D
  18. aprilflower

aprilflower

from my daily practice SemRush does not show the exact data. Sometimes it can show three time less traffic on the site or volume of keyword search. However in general it is a great seo tool with cool functionality
  19. Cody

Cody

I would suggest testing out each individual tool, paid or not paid, and use them in conjunction with each other, you'll get a better understanding/ idea of the traffic, volume, keywords used/ generated on your site.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong