1. The voting for December's Business Feature is now open! Don't miss the chance and cast your votes here!
  2. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  3. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  4. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.
  5. Do you think your website has provided an excellent service this year? Do you know of a member's website which has jaw-dropping designs, great innovation, and made your shopping experience better? Nominate them or your own website and let the community decide if they can be dubbed as one of the best websites in TWF! Click here for more details!

I need a help from Go Daddy!

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by cbeebies, Oct 14, 2011.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cbeebies

cbeebies

Hi there,

Yesterday, I clicked the Go Daddy banner on TWF and bought a new domain name.

Today, I am very frustrated to get a verification request email from Go Daddy. They locked my account and asked me to provide order payee's verification document, which I paid through my PayPal account-- a verified business account.

I tried to search the relevant information from Go Daddy forum but received none. Nobody has experienced payment verification problem before.

Then, I made an international long distance phone call to Go Daddy, and the service lady told me just do what they asked by sending ID document to them. The problem is I don't know what exact document they need from me.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Request to Unlock Account Your account has been selected by our verification office to confirm recent purchase activity. This precautionary step is taken as a security measure to defend you, our valued customer, from online predators and identity theft. To substantiate this account, please take a few moments to upload the payment method account holder’s identification. Acceptable forms of identification are government issued photo documents such as a driver’s license or passport. These actions are not intended to implicate involvement in spurious purchase activity. Providing the requested documentation ensures the integrity of your payment method is preserved through substantial validation.
    Your information is safe with us! Your documentation will be safely delivered directly to our Fraud Prevention experts and handled in a secure environment.
    If there are reservations regarding the security of personal information, please refer to our published Privacy Policy.
    Respectfully,
    GoDaddy.com, Inc. Customer Protection Team
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Sophie Zhou is my English name, my Chinese name is Zhou Caiqiu. I don't have ID for Sophie Zhou, but only my Chinese name. But my Chinese ID document is unrelevant to the new domain purchase, and I don't want to disclose my privacy to them. What should I do?

Now, I can't log into my Go Daddy account to appeal, complain or express myself. I wonder if there's any guy here can help me?

Is it happened only to Chinese?:confused:

Please help!

Thanks,

Sophie
  2. jamhun

jamhun

Probably because you opened the website via a banner and not gone directly from your fav's link, that they just want to check it really is you.
    Just send them a copy of your passport or driving licence as requested and explain about why you have a English and Chinese name.
    Realy when registering for items or sites you should use your given name, just in case someone wants to do a security check (like now) on you.

Good luck

James
  3. Gary

Gary

As above, you can only provide your chinese proof of identity and explain why it's different

Just out of interest, is your paypal account in your chinese or english name?
  4. cbeebies

cbeebies

My PayPal account is my English name: Sophie Zhou & Associates

If I provide my Chinese ID (which I'm reluctant to do so), they would say it doesn't match, and then would lock my account and take my new registered domain.

:(:mad::eek:

Please help!
  5. Gary

Gary

No-one here really can help I'm afraid, all you can do is contact godaddy and hope they're understanding of your situation, just wondering what flagged them to ask for proof in the first place as they have never asked em and I have registered several domains with them.

All the best in getting this sorted if you can, but only godaddy can tell you that without any evidence of Sophie
  6. cbeebies

cbeebies

Thank you for the comments.

I never thought I have to provide my ID info when purchasing a domain.

Why nobody experienced account verification before? I mean in Go Daddy forum, Q & A, everywhere I searched.

Is it a discrimination to Chinese?

I hate the fat big Yankee bully Chinese. :thumbdown:
  7. cbeebies

cbeebies

I don't know what flagged them to verify my payment account. Perhaps I was directed from a UK forum's banner, then I bought a domain for a Chinese user.

Whatever, Go Daddy didn't give me a chance to contact them except the international phone call, which I have to pay. I called but they didn't help either. The email they sent me was from donnotreply@goddy.com

What should I do? :confused: I need my new domain urgently! :mad:

Help!!:(
  8. Saajan

Saajan

There fraud department may have flagged your order as suspicious which is why their asking for ID.

May I ask why you don't want to send them proof of your ID?

If you entered your address details during the domain registration, then that's the same as disclosing your ID. There's no difference.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong