1. Hello Guest, to participate in discussions just click the "JOIN NOW" button and sign up for FREE!

Leaflet weighing Scales

Discussion in 'Products & Trends' started by ericfarrow12, Dec 21, 2009.

1. ericfarrow12

ericfarrow12 Banned Member

Hello,

Wonder if any one can help me. I now you can get them but dont no were its a pair of scales that weighs how many leaflets their are. So if i was given 5000 leaflets it would tell me if their was 5000 or if their was more.

Thanks

Eric
  2. Michael

Michael

Surely this would change depending on paper type and printing method?

Wouldnt it be better to count out 50 or 100 and weigh them and then weigh the whole lot and do the math?
  3. ericfarrow12

Sorry Should of been clearer, I want to get a set that tells me how many leaflets are their. So instead of counting 20,000 leaflets i just stick them on the scales.

Eric
  4. PCDropship

PCDropship

Would it not be easier to weigh 10 then divide the total weight ???
  5. Selvi

Selvi

What similar to a money counter that knows the weight of a note so can tell you the total?
  6. consultant

consultant

Eric,

if such a scales exisited, it would essentially do what the other guys have said. Also, the parameters you would have to enter into the system maybe more than you would have to hand/know - paper weight, size, finish - they all change the result!
  7. Michael

Michael

I think he means more like a counting machine rather than scales, I suppose it would fan through bundles of 1000 and then stop ready to count another 1000.
  8. DeveloperMatt

DeveloperMatt

You can get scales which do this, you put 1 item on, press a button then put the rest on and it gives you a quantity. Ideal for counting screws for example.

As people have said though the maths is pretty simple and a calculator is cheaper than a special set of scales!

Something with a resolution that can accurately measure a leaflet won't have a high maximum capacity so you will have to do it in batches.
  9. ericfarrow12

Ok Thanks everyone for your help.

Eric
  10. Nick-D

Nick-D

I remember someone once telling me that if they wanted to count how many pieces of paper they had they would stick them in a cheap inkjet printer and print say 250 blank pages, the printer would just send them through without printing and you would know when you have 250.
  11. rob160117

rob160117

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong