1. Hello Guest, to participate in discussions just click the "JOIN NOW" button and sign up for FREE!

Looking for a video game dropshipper who sells new releases?

Discussion in 'Dropshipping' started by JustCraig, Mar 11, 2011.

1. uhafmail

uhafmail

Re: Looking For Video Game Drop shipper Who Sells New Releases?

Is that true? I am no expert but i would have thought most games have 1, 2 or 3 owners at most in their lifetime?

I know that when i have gone in with games to trade in i have walked out with them because of the joke of the money they offer. Any game that has regular releases, FIFA for example as soon as the next one if released or even when the release date is released the price for the current version goes ridiculous, tried trading in FIFA 10 day after FIFA 11 was released and GAME offered me £3, how much would the offer be once FIFA 12 is released? Even though i probably wont play the game again i take it back home because i feel like that they are taking the p*ss.
  2. psxgamer

psxgamer

EA are cutting in their own flesh with these online passes.

My experience is that people who buy their games new, don't buy second hand games and vice versa. I know a lot of people buying a new release. After a week they have finished the game and resell it. Since it's a recent release they will get a good price for it. If they get less money for their games they will have less game to buy a new one.

The online passes have only recently been introduced. We'll have to wait what the effect will be. There's a great possibility that it will lower the value of a second hand game. Again not in the advantage of the developpers. If the price difference between a new release and a second hand copy of the same game becomes too big, there's a good chance prices for new games will have to be lowered to be able to sell them. Not everybody plays online. Who'se gonna pay £ 35 if you would be able to buy it at £ 13 second hand?

In my eyes it's just greed. There has been been a market for second hand videogames for the last decades. There has never been a problem. In the past a new game was sold and that's it. Now people buy the game, they buy DLC, fees for their online subscription,... All extra revenues for the devellopers. That should be more than enough.
  3. JustCraig

JustCraig

It was more of a generalisation rather than fact but if you consider PS1/PS2 games are still being bought and re-sold in the second hand sector I imagine they will pass through more that 1-3 peoples hands in its lifetime.
  4. uhafmail

uhafmail

But there is a difference then because not even the publishers are interested in those games by that stage, if you wanted to buy a new PS1 or PS2 game you would find it VERY difficult. In the same way when a publisher brings out a sequel to a game they are essentially signing off the previous game.
  5. bhaskarbhai2011

bhaskarbhai2011

You know I haven`t a clue about this market but how does anyone make any money?
  6. Merchants

Merchants

Top post again Craig!
  7. JustCraig

JustCraig

It's not on new releases thats for sure lol

High street retailers and Indies make a majority of their profits from accessories and pre-owned titles.

On line retailers who just sell new games (Not talking about the major players here, just the small/medium sized on-line retailers) make their money by selling clearance and back catalog stock.
  8. JustCraig

JustCraig

9. rhafzal

rhafzal

Very useful mate.
  10. Danjel8

Danjel8

Great post, really makes you open your eyes as a newbie to the market. Thanks!
  11. pukkawombat

pukkawombat

Brilliant post, learnt some usefull stuff.
  12. Kiwigoods

Kiwigoods

Hi guys, I myself am trying to start up a online business dropshipping video games. I am from New Zealand. There are some advantages to this, some if these being large demand but smaller supply of cheap games. Prices are much more expensive here so can make a larger profit. For example black ops costs about 40 usd in America however in New Zealand it costs about 90. So if I could find a reliable supplier I would be able to make larger profits. However there are also negatives. Because it's a small market, I cannot seam to find any suppliers which offer games which will work in NZ consols. Because of this it makes it very difficult to source products. If anyone has any advice or suggestions as to where I could find a reliable supplier who offers games for the NZ region I would be greatly appreciative and will offer to pay for reliable info.
  13. ed harding

ed harding

Hi Guys

I have just started my own company to sellvideo games online and really looking for advice and where to go to buy my supplies. I thought of dropshipping and not getting the answers from searching on google. and wholesalers is evenworse.

Please help!!

Kind Regards

Ed
  14. GamesInc

GamesInc

Fantastic Post Craig, learned a ton here!!

Do you have any recommendation on how to source suppliers in a new market? We're looking for drop shippers in India (we're focusing on 2nd hand, but need to sell new as well as part of our offering). We're obviously facing some challenges in getting the right suppliers, as some of the ones we tried for pilots we very poor.

GI
  15. Tomtoon

Tomtoon

are there any good dropshippers out there?
  16. dvddropship

dvddropship

You will not find a dropshipper, with regular replenish-able stock for latest games.

The margins are simply not there.

Companies have tried to get into this market for years (games), and none of them have really succeeded.
  17. DGS

DGS

Hi Craig,
    We are the drop shipper of digital camera, mobile & tablet and also the video game.
    You can visit our site fore more detail: https://www.dropshipgs.com/

Wayne
  18. JustCraig

JustCraig

Very nice but kinda missing the point of the post I think ;)
  19. ChrisMono

ChrisMono

yeah I was speaking to the sales directors of a few large game distributors and they said the only real money left is in the grey market.
  20. Bizi

Bizi

I am not Ron Paul but i approve this message ;)

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong