1. Hello Guest, Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Need help and advice please.

Discussion in 'Payment & Shipping' started by Hussein Adil, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Hussein Adil

Hussein Adil

Greetings,
    My name is Hussein, I'm from Iraq, i have made an introduction but it needed admin approval and i didn't see my post in the forum since yesterday.
    I really need your help and advice, I'm a motorcycle mechanic, and I'm about to start my own business to provide motorcycle parts for my local market, my first attempt is tires, and i have contacted the manufacturer and they responded to me and they said the minimum shipping volume is 20ft container and after i confirm the P/I i have to pay 30% T/T and before 7 days of shipping i must pay the rest 70% T/T.
    Can someone explain this to me please? and how can i make sure that this transfer is secure? i mean this will be my first time ever to purchase goods overseas and without seeing the person I'm buying the goods from him and to shake his hand. I just don't feel comfortable. And how about the shipping process? who will arrange this?
    I'm a "definite newbie" to this world of trading, so i really need your help please.
    Any input is really appreciated, and thank you in advance.
  2. Cody

Cody

3. YIDA.XIA

YIDA.XIA

Your could revise: 30% T/T in advise, and 70% see BL on board date within 7 working day . and use your own forwarder. or Your could revise :kiss:0% T/T in advise, and 40% see BL on board date, 30% after receive cargo.remenber:use your own forwarder.
  4. ZHiEN

ZHiEN

As competition is tough in the tires industry in the last few years, the-20ft-container-shipping-volume is really not a large one.

And the payment term (after i confirm the P/I i have to pay 30% T/T and before 7 days of shipping i must pay the rest 70% T/T) is becoming very very common.
  5. ylliu6688

ylliu6688

1) before money change hands
    • visit your supplier to verify them to secure they really existing and doing tire business (if you can not visit in person, agent can help you do this, 180$ per man day, everything including, and you will get a factory assessment report showing your supplier basic info, building, owner's name, business history....etc.)
    2) How to secure your deal
    • use escrow payment---such as Alibaba trade assurance
    • 30% deposit, 70% against B/L
    • hire Quality control agent to check your shipment and ensure get PASS result
    • container loading witness, take loading process picture, take video of container locking
    • use forwarder which hired by yourself
    • define the foreseeable risk, and define the solution in the purchase contract. this is very important. for example, the goods should be deliver on DDMM2017, if delay caused by supplier, 0.5% punish of total shipment amount will be charged daily at supplier account.
    what do you feel now? more comfortable, right?

in case you need more detail information, feel free to PM me...

Simon