1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  3. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.

Need to pay import duty on DHL website, how?

Discussion in 'Payment & Shipping' started by LukeF, Feb 28, 2011.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LukeF

LukeF

I got a phone call off a DHL representative and she said i needed to pay my tax online or by telephone. Problem is, is that she was foreign so no matter how many times i listen to the voice mail i can't get the number and i can't ring back because it was unknown. I think she said that i could pay online but again the link wasn't said very clear. I've searched Google and of course the DHL website itself but i can't find the link in which to pay for it. Can anyone help or direct me towards a link?

Thanks.
  2. biglench

biglench

3. uhafmail

uhafmail

danetello likes this.
  4. biglench

biglench

nice, thanks Tom
  5. uhafmail

uhafmail

No problem! It is quite hidden!
  6. LukeF

LukeF

cheers matey
  7. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

an old thread, I know, but a question which is related. When DHL have a delivery for you which is subject to an import duty payment, is it usual for DHL to ring you, tell you the amount owed, then hand you over to an automated service to accept credit card payments ? I had one yesterday as I am expecting a delivery. But then I had another today for items I'm not expecting. I checked the tracking number and there is indeed a delivery for me today - so not sure if this is legit or not. Can scammers find out the details of a parcel to be delivered and then ring claiming to be DHL and asking for duties ? On DHL website it don't state that this is the usual payment process

8. uhafmail

uhafmail

I have been called in the past and was wary and asked if i could just make the payment over epayments and they said that was fine. So just use the details you had and pay DHL through their website.
  9. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

Thanks, thats what I thought, but paid them anyway, and DHL have just delivered my stock.
  10. Digitalfever

Digitalfever

They seem to be all over the place when it comes to this,

Ive had people phone me up and ask for payment via that automated line before they will deliver. Other time they have not phoned and shipment has been held until payment and other times they just ship it straight to your door and demand payment there !

You would think they would do one or the other !
    Volantary likes this.
  11. Kingamer

Kingamer

That's true they usually call but sometimes the driver asks for it at the door here is a number I usually use to ring them up
  12. Lace

Lace

Just asked @dhlexpressuk on Twitter:

"With import VAT, the best thing for customers to do is contact our customer relations team on 0845 072 0278"
  13. electronical

electronical

Pay via ePayments.
  14. Mac_

Mac_

Hi guys,

I know this an old thread but i have a shipment that has just landed and i also got a call from a DHL rep saying i have to pay my import tax before i can get the parcel and he directed me to the epayments page. We parted ways as i thought it was pretty straight forward until i got online to pay the money.. It gives me an error after i enter all my card details. I have called all the numbers and they are closed. I cant wait till monday as i need the parcel ASAP.. is there any alternative?
  15. ResellerLad

ResellerLad

Try another card?
  16. Mac_

Mac_

Ive tried 2 different cards

Update: Just called 0844 209 0102 to make the payment. Went through successfully.

Thanks
    ResellerLad likes this.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong