New Facebook Business Page Update

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Cody, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Cody

Cody

Facebook is consistently changing its algorithm and updating new features to help you, as a business, reach your target audience more effectively.

Today just as I logged into the TWF Facebook page I couldn't help but notice a brand new update just under the status bar.
    Well, it's not really a brand new update as such, this feature I believe has always been accessible, however it's been made much more easily available for you to use.

This is something you could do before, however, creating a status to best maximise your results is now easily accessible via the images shown just below your Facebook status bar.

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 09.33.31.png

With 6 options easily showcased you can now focus a lot more on reaching the right customers with the proper format. it seems Facebook really does want to help businesses.

All you need to do is just click on the option that's best suited for your needs, for example for this purpose let's use "Get Sales".

As you can see below you can create a status as normal, however the format has changed to best gain the results for your shopping related post. At the bottom of the post you will see a "shop now" button to take customers straight to your desired page.
    Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 12.28.54.png
    But....

There's always a but.

You cannot place any desired link anywhere on this section. Meaning, if you have a particular product page you want customers to go to, you'll need to edit the link in your "Shop Now" button on your Facebook business/ company page.
    As shown below.
    Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 12.41.55.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 12.36.18.png

Until the feature (if Facebook decides to do this) comes to allow you to add any link without changing the above all the time, I'm afraid this is the only way to do it that I know of so far.

Has anyone had fun using this feature today?

Let us know in the comments below :D
    Gary likes this.
  2. Gary

Gary

I hadn't seen this yet, shame you can't use a custom link though as my default Facebook page button is to sign up, but could promote certain things to buy, but hopefully that will be available in a future update.

Then there's the issue that my page posts only generally reach a handful of people on Facebook unless I pay to promote it, which can have varying results. The last time I did that I had loads of views, a few clicks and no sales.

Though this could be handy in the right circumstances, I'm just not sure mine are at this time unfortunately.
  3. Cody

Cody

It is really a shame they haven't allowed us to use a custom link instead. They only allow one button on there too?

I have seen something else recently, not sure how long it's been available though.

In the edit page settings you can change your current Template to a more sales/ shopping focused one. This could be something to look into?

- Settings - Edit Page - Template

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 13.24.03.png
    Gary likes this.
  4. psxgamer

psxgamer

Haven't seen this update. Must say where Ebay has made lots of mistakes Facebook seems to hit the ball right.

The lay-out of my business page has changed several times. Everytime I find it an improvement. Have done some paid advertising on Facebook with great results. Wasn't a big Facebook user in the past. Still hardly use it for personal use but really a great way to network and reach out to your customers. Even launched my own Facebookgroup a few weeks ago.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong