1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  3. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.

Packing Partner

Discussion in 'Payment & Shipping' started by craigc, Dec 16, 2009.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. craigc

craigc

This week the lady at the post office told me that I can basically just drop my packages off for the day leave enough cash and she will send them all out and give me receipts / change the following day, no more ques for me! :)

Anyway.. following on from this I thought it's worth looking into speeding up my current processes and I am looking into Packing Partner. I've installed the trial version and so far so good. I currently print onto 4 labels per sheet and it has that setting pre-installed which is great. I really like the way it just collects all the records from eBay. What would usually take me a little while and probably be more likely to make mistakes with packing partner takes just minutes and seems pretty fault proof.

I also love the picking list it generates, usually I'd just go though my packing slips one by one but the breakdown of the quantity of each product is a very handy feature, not sure how the Location field works though!

Are there any long term users of it here? I'm considering buying a product key for the labels edition. Only need the one licence as would just be used with eBay for now. What's the invoice edition all about? Can you do labels with this too? is it worth the extra money?

Cheers
  2. Nick-D

Nick-D

Ive not used it but have considered it on a number of occasions! I don't understand why companies like ebay/amazon/play etc don't have an api for products like this to utilise.
  3. craigc

craigc

eBay does as far as I'm aware. I've worked a little with eBay's shopping API before. I'm sure they have one that can connect to your account.
  4. uhafmail

uhafmail

I used to distribute Packing Partner for a while, working alongside Andrew - great bloke. If there are any problems Andrew normally has a fix within a matter of hours. The only reason i stopped is because Andrew wanted to go in a different direction with the pricing which i didn't agree with.

I am also a user of the software, used it to run dropthegoods as well as my ebay accounts and without a doubt i wouldn't use any other system.

Differences between label and invoice edition is that the invoice editions can print individual invoices for each order as well. You can also use integrated labels - where you can print both your labels and invoice on one sheet of A4 and the label peels off.

If you want anymore advice let me know as long as it isn't techincal as you would need to talk to Andrew about that.
  5. greedyboy

greedyboy

I started using linnworks today.

Oh my god it is the business. You won't get much change from 400 quid but if you do a lot of ebay/amazon orders it will pay for itself in a couple of days.
  6. craigc

craigc

Thanks guys, I'm not sure I could quite justify 400quid right now but I'll look into that.

Just finished my 2nd day of the trial version of the label edidion and it really is a time saver, it does have it's cons though. Like I think it's a bit unfair to charge another fee just to run it on more than 1 computer. Also only supports IE, 32 bit IE! I guess I could live with that though considering the amount of time it saves in transferring orders to labels.

From what I can see you also need to pay for maintenance cover after a year or if an update is released after your cover is expired? Full price again I assume.
  7. Simple Lighting

Simple Lighting

I use it and it is absolutely fantastic. I run the label edition on two computers and the invoice edition on another.

It makes my life so much easier and Andrew at Aimco is fantastic. He has re-designed the software for me twice now to allow for certain products I sell.

In my opinion it is well worth the money simply because of the time you save!!
  8. PT

PT

I use the invoice edition of Packaging Partner and I cannot begin to imagine the hours I save EVERY DAY by using it. Well worth the money.

Get yourself the invoice edition, invoice paper with integrated shipping label, and a Royal Mail PPI account. You will never look back!
  9. uhafmail

uhafmail

The pricing was the only reason i stopped distributing Packing Partner, for example the Label edition cost £40 and Invoice £90 and pretty much over night the prices nearly doubled for the Label edition and £30 on top of Invoice edition - along with all the prices for the add-ons increasing as well.

I thought at £40 a lot of ebay sellers would give it a try - which was evident when i marketed on here and got a lot of sales very quickly but at £70 its much more of an investment for a part time seller just tryi earn a bit of beer money.
  10. craigc

craigc

PT Which labels do you use? I do quite like the idea of having both the invoice and label on one sheet, would make packing even more simple.

11. PT

PT

12. MediaDevil

MediaDevil

Hi greedyboy, I am testing out linnworks at the moment.
    For what reasons did you decide to use it over packing partner?
  13. jedi777

jedi777

14. smigder

smigder

I've just recently purchased packing partner after a couple of weeks free trial on it and I would reccomend it to anybody who is looking for a quick solution to speeding up there ebay post :)
  15. craigc

craigc

Couldn't agree more. Been using it since I started this thread and it seriously speeds things up and is very easy to use. I find the packing lists most useful too as I date them when they are completed and file them away so I have something easy to backtrack on.
  16. MediaDevil

MediaDevil

17. lighthousedirec

lighthousedirec

Even with the maintenance fees, I still think Packing Partner for most people is a very good soloution. I've been using it for a year now and I am just about too take out the maintenance fee for the first time, in all honesty the small fee is worth the help the developer offers whenever the sw encounters any problems.

The sw has to be altered every now and then due too all the various changes made by the sites it works in conjunction with, so since I have never met anyone who works for free I am willing to pay. As many have mentioned, it saves hours each week in working time.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong