1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  3. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.

SammyDress - anyone used them before?

Discussion in 'Dropshipping' started by funkybuddhas, Jul 28, 2011.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. funkybuddhas

funkybuddhas

Hi All

I am frantically trying to source a good ladies fashion dropshipper for my new website. The only one I seem to have found, which a has no upfront fees to dropship, and b) has the kind of fashion items i want is named sammydress.com

They are however in China, has anyone dealt with this supplier before? I want to use them for the womenswear section on my site. Or if anyone has any suggestions of a UK fashion dropshipper please do let me know as Im really struggling with that one!

2. SaleHoo

SaleHoo

Hi funkybuddhas,

They generally look like a legit Chinese supplier - they accept safe payment methods (cc and PayPal); their contact information are valid with a phone and domain based email address. However, they are relatively new like a little over a couple of months old so it hard to find any feedback on their products and services.

If you do decide to order from them start with a test order, just to see how reliable they are as a supplier and to check the quality of their products.

Hope this helps and all the best!

Cheers,

Richelle :)
  3. aliciacantisano

aliciacantisano

1- Jul/31 - I found the page Sammy dresses in a Web browser, I saw they had beautiful clothes, a with a friend we decided to place an order.
    2- Jul/31 -To make the payment, had to register with paypal, which did not have, immediately proceeded to the registration, and pay.
    3-Aug/1I wrote that I needed to confirm whether it is possible to receive my order before the day 9.
    4- Aug/5 to this day had not been answered, and what I was told that my order would come out on Monday 8.
    5- Aug/8 I was informed, who immediately packed with would be sending me the tracking number. Which they did, until repeatedly wrote them asking.
    6- I wrote a million times, and never gave me an exact answer. First send the goods in parts, but unless you ask and insist they do not say anything.
    7-The first part of the order arrived on August 14, 15 days after the initial order (as they say on their website is not true). The first arrived incomplete. For the second half came on 19, 20 days after the initial order, and also incomplete. Never sent me the tracking number of the second shipment. And whem ask for the rest they toll me they where not available, so if you don’t ask, they will just not tell.
    8- About the quality of the merchandise, I can only say that it is bad, the fabrics are not what it says on the website, the colors are different. Are not responsible for anything.
    9-When asked for a refund of my money, tell me I have to return the clothes first, but it would have to pay my money and I've spent too much, no one will send a refund form at all.
    10-Supposedly there are people that serve specific requests from customers, but these people are only writing at the end solve nothing, absolutely nothing. do not know what it is to give an honest, honorable, that values ​​the customer and their concerns.
    11- My intention with this is one that anyone try to buy something from this company, first to know what is at stake, what they have on the page that is not going to arrive. And in the end if they want your money back, they will have to spend the cost of return. as if it were not enough the fact that he paid nearly a month ago, and receive dosage the items , especially of poor quality.
    12- This document provides all the claims it makes, and photos of the merchandise that is exposed on the page, and what I received.
    Please read the comments I posted, are in red, according to my experience in this order, I want to clarify things, and tell the truth. To let everyone know what kind of company is.
    13-Perhaps this was beyond a waste of money for my money, this is why I will do everything it does not happen to anyone else.

In life you need honest and serious companies. And God will judge who's in the future.
    If anyone has any questions, please email me. Thank you very much for your attention and I hope that this information is helpful.

Alicia Cantisano

4. musicbox

musicbox

I spent $128 on clothes for me and the wife. We received two packets after several weeks. Unfortunately none of the clothes had the right size. The sizes they listed are not correct. The clothes are way too small. I bought a waistcoat size L that fits a 9 year old child.

I contacted the customer support but they claim the sizes are correct. Also I ordered some shoes that I never received.

Stay away from sammydress.com!
  5. elp_help

elp_help

Slow but not dad deal

From my experience, the service I have received from sammydress has been excellent on all counts. I received a compact package in ten days. Anyway, not bad deal.
  6. BellmoreLTD

BellmoreLTD

I'd be careful using china drop shippers, even with reliable ones, it takes a few weeks to get products to customers, which can result in disputes and unhappy customers.
  7. DIVA DAYS

DIVA DAYS

I ordered a joblot of jewellery from these 2 weeks ago came yesterday and I must say I'm impressed, quikc delivery or a china supplier, the quality is good, with their sizing what I have figured is that the average sizing for china a L will fit a 6-12 any bigger than that don't bother. Hope this Helps
  8. Kingamer

Kingamer

I had a look at them myself a few weeks ago liked so of there other products but when I did search for some reviews I got mixed feedback so do not take it and further so if you do use them try a test purchase first and also could you let me know how it goes
  9. xting123

xting123

WARNING!

Anyone who is considering shopping on Sammydress, I must warn you all not to. I am only saying this for your own good and because my shopping experience was a nightmare.

After seeing the website on google search engine and the amount of beautiful clothes they had for a ridiculously cheap prices I ordered up to around $300 worth of goods.

First problem was that the shoes I ordered was in the wrong size and they initially argued that Chinese shoes sizes are different to UK and European sizes even though they have a shoe size chart setting UK, EUR, and Chinese shoe sizes!

2. Some of my items was not delivered and when I chased the matter up with them, it was one excuse after another.

3. Some of the items they sent me were faulty, stones were missing from earrings, necklaces were broken. When I asked for replacements to be sent they suggested that I pay 60% toward the good as I could gift the existing faulty good to my friends!! Who would want faulty goods as a present??

4. They then agreed to send everything to me again if I pay 30% after 4 months of me complaining. I eventually agreed as I was sick of all the correspondence and I just wanted my goods.

I thought the whole ordeal was over and was patiently waiting for my parcel only to receive an e-mail 2 month after my last payment, which informed me that the items I initially ordered are now out of stock However, I could either order something else or get a refund. On the same day I received another e-mail confirming the amount I would be refunded but on 1 of the items they were only willing to refund 30% and another 60%. Again their argument was that I could gift them to others. I have asked for full refund but have yet to receive a response and this is still on going after my initial purchase 7 months ago!

The goods that I did receive are of poor quality, buttons are often loose and need re sewing. The stitching are poor and often loose or hanging off the clothing. Don't get me started on the jewellery!

So please rethink before you buy anything from them.
  10. dazz1981

dazz1981

Thanks for the heads up!! I was just about to place an order but not now :)
  11. enigma666666

enigma666666

@ funkybuddhas, I would suggest using wholesale7.net for low priced, good quality clothing and shoes. I currently use them to dropship shoes. Before I used them, I ordered shoes and clothing for myself and family, to test the quality. Excellent quality! Shipping costs are a bit high though, but their prices are so low that your mark-up can easily cover shipping costs and you will still make a nice profit!

Imo its always a good idea to order some items from a potential dropshipper first, so you can test the quality, and delivery speed, before selling the items to your customers.
  12. Rey

Rey

@enigma666666

wholesale7.net has a poor reputation according to mywot.com. Would you still say it is reliable?
  13. jamhun

jamhun

mywot.com is based on someones opinion.
    I use a lot of websites that mywot says are not to be trusted and never had a problem.

James
  14. enigma666666

enigma666666

@Rey, I am not familiar with mywot so have not read the review you mentioned, but I think with any website/supplier there is bound to be unhappy customers. Plus competitors will also write reviews to discredit other suppliers. I have seen this often on review sites. Conversely, I have also seen suppliers writing glowing reviews on themselves...
    I am not saying the reviews you mentioned are bogus, but I prefer testing a supplier myself first and do not select a supplier based solely on reviews.

I can't speak for other people's experiences, but personally I have ordered from them prior to using them as a dropshipper. I had the items delivered via China Post and received it 4 weeks later as per standard delivery time to SA with China Post. Items were very good quality and shoes came nicely packaged with plastic protective covers on heels, soles, etc. The clothing I ordered were of good quality fabric and the stitching was very good. I have used them since then to dropship shoes to my customers and have not yet had any problems whatsoever.
  15. Gillian

Gillian

Hello , I would just like to get some advice from you. Cos I am also looking to do an online boutique and I'm from South Africa but its all very new to me. I'm a little confused on what dropshipping entails. Any advice would be very much appreciated
  16. nickys2211

nickys2211

There is a another forum category dedicated to drop shopping.
  17. luckybee

luckybee

You'll have to tell them how tall you're then they will be able to send you correct size clothese. Chinese size SML is only for yellowrace people. Just tell them how tall you are in Centimeter.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong