1. Hello Guest, Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Seeking recommended sourcing agent in China

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by Wobbs, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Wobbs

Wobbs

Hi everyone,
    I always use a sourcing agent when importing, even when its from a manufacturer I've used before. I believe you can not take the risk of poor quality, its too late when the shipment arrives to discover poor quality goods. Maybe I am being a little too cautious, but, with the poor exchange rate which will probably last for some time I need to make some cutbacks. The sourcing agent I use is a little pricey so I'm looking for another hence the request for recommendations . I want someone to take care of the negotiations, quality control inspections and shipping. Any tips and advice would be gratefully received.
    Thanks
  2. IMEX Sourcing Services

IMEX Sourcing Services

Hi,

You may want to consider us. We have a lot of clients on this forum here who have been using our services and as UK is our main market we can manage the entire process, right from supplier shortlisting to getting the goods to your door, including contracts, inspections, advisory, etc. I would be happy to send over more details, if you could drop me an email via the contact page of our website on my signature below with some more details about your sourcing requirements.

Cheers,
    Liz
    Vividha Kashyap likes this.
  3. ylliu6688

ylliu6688

my recommendation is:
    Separate the service within different agent, for example:
    1) sourcing agent
    2) quality control agent
    3) shipment agent

The purpose to separate these 3 agent, because of normally we wont ask somebody source product for you and at the same time they check the goods for you.
    for example, the accountant will be not the same people as cashier...

you got the point?
  4. serenamotor

serenamotor

yes,i could not agree that more,as different field,except the agent is the sourcing engineer,that can control the quality while sourcing,shipment of course totally different,so yes,i do think it is possible to find the professional agent better,special for the start.
  5. serenamotor

serenamotor

and if any question or problem for sourcing from China,u may ask me,i am in sourcing field start from 2009,special for
    electronic and fashion stuff,so any requires,i would like try my best support or help u,maybe just for friends
  6. bargainrocks

bargainrocks

Seperate the agents in 3 flows is a good way, but it also has its disadvantages, it will increase the time and cost. So I think it is depends on the industry field, some business may have high requirements on the quality, then why not send a staff come to China regularly for a business trip. Other industries like clothing, household things meet certain standards would be okay. If you seperate with 3 agents the price would be doubled.
  7. rodney beech

rodney beech

hello im interested in importing from china guangdong province..need help can you contact me regarding this
  8. rodney beech

rodney beech

hello can you contact me regarding sourcing and qc/shipping from china to uk thankyou rodney
  9. Vijay Jadhav

Vijay Jadhav

How are sourcing agents helpful?
  10. Hollie0402

Hollie0402

to be frankly, It's hard to avoid, since there kinds of supplier in China, I couldn't tell the difference of these goods either, as a Chinese, what about you.
    And as a international trader also, we meet the same question, sometimes, we offer the good quality goods to you guys, but you only care about the price, most of people do this, even we explain, then in order to get your business, we could offer your target price, but the quality is not so good, of course.

A voice from Chinese......
  11. Araminta Robertson

Araminta Robertson

Hi Wobbs,

It sounds like you need a consulting agency! The most important when doing business in China is to be well informed and to be able to understand the market.

Here at Opportunity Guide we make sure to help you step by step and our services include importing/exporting, company registration, the complete company set up and even making use of the Shanghai Free Trade Zone.

For any questions, don't hesitate to drop me a message or email at ************************. We also have a website at ****************************** :D
  12. Cody

Cody

Hi Araminta,

Whilst we do appreciate you're offering help, in order to promote/advertise your services you will need to purchase our advertising membership. You can still give advice though and share any tips you may have. :D
  13. HongKong-seller

HongKong-seller

Contact me if you want more choices
  14. FiveStar

FiveStar

If you advise your products/industry, that would be of great help.
  15. leonyu

leonyu

I suggest you check the sourcing agent's history first:
    1, how long have the company established?
    2, Do they have a website?
    3, Do they use SNS to promote their business?

Everyone need a well-running and experienced agent.