1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Selling to China

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by George1947, Jul 30, 2017.

1. George1947

George1947

With a population of over 1.3 billion, China has more buying power than any nation, we are told. Affluent Chinese are, I understand, hungry for western goods and services. Has anyone had experience of selling from UK into the Chinese Market?
  2. FiveStar

FiveStar

What products are you selling?
    Cody likes this.
  3. George1947

George1947

At this stage I cannot be too specific. My colleagues and I are undertaking research into the best markets right now. Cars, iPhones, computers and other tech equipment are among the products we are told will sell well to the increasingly affluent Chinese, especially where the internet is so good.
  4. Jed

Jed

Apple wont allow you to ship from the EU or US into China through an official channel just to let you know.
  5. George1947

George1947

6. George1947

George1947

Thanks Jed. Interesting and helpful. We'll steer clear of Apple products. I'm talking with Tom Hua, who has a great deal of experience of trading into Chinese markets, so will seek clarification from him regarding which tech products we can export.
  7. Selinawhite

Selinawhite

I am afraid that if you ship iphones from UK to China, there won't be so many people that will buy it, unless the price is very low.
    Cheera likes this.
  8. James0806

James0806

Don't worry about the price, because the Chinese Customs will take care of that. And after that, the price will be much higher than the Chinese local price.
    As I am from China, we buy iPhone from Hongkong which will a little cheaper than Mainland.
  9. James0806

James0806

Hi, George, I think if you want to export something from UK to China, you must learn that there is few supplier dealing with the special products, so the products you choose is very import.
    You know, China is the largest market, but also we are largest manufacturer. We can made everything. But what we need is the special products which we cannot produce. Hope this message will give you some ideas. Any questions, just let me know.
    My company is importing wine from South Africa, this is good business.Buy US dollar 2, sell over 30 US dollar.
  10. Chee Teng

Chee Teng

I am a Chinese, i do not think the Cars, iPhones, computers and other tech equipment is good product sell to China
    About the iPhones, the upstairs already told enough reason to prove the infeasible
    About the cars,a powerful agency or a partner in China is very important,in China,the car always with high import tax and complex procedure.
    The computers is same story as iPhones

Now most of Chinese prefer to buy Europe food wine and baby product. it is a suggestion.
    Cheera likes this.