1. The voting for December's Business Feature is now open! Don't miss the chance and cast your votes here!
  2. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  3. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  4. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.
  5. Do you think your website has provided an excellent service this year? Do you know of a member's website which has jaw-dropping designs, great innovation, and made your shopping experience better? Nominate them or your own website and let the community decide if they can be dubbed as one of the best websites in TWF! Click here for more details!

ship from U.K to German by Royal mail. How long?

Discussion in 'Payment & Shipping' started by everselect, Jun 9, 2009.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. everselect

everselect

Hi, guys, do you have any experience on using Royal mail to ship to German? How long does it take? will there by any custom problem? what's the mail-lost ration?

I am thinking sell at ebay.de

Thanks
  2. Gametimenow

Gametimenow

I used royalmail international signed for last week to Germany from UK, its tracked from the UK but not tracked through germany. However it is signed for. Posted on a Saturday arrived with my customer Tuesday.

They offer another service which is tracked all the way and apparently has priority on flights, however there is no signature service I was told.
  3. PT

PT

3 - 5 working days I would say. Mine always seem to get there fairly quickly.
  4. POLISH-BEAST

POLISH-BEAST Banned Member

uk not have fedex or dhl?
  5. everselect

everselect

Do you know the name of the said service? Thanks!

David
  6. crispydog

crispydog

7. YNWA

YNWA

2-5 working days.

I always use Airsure to gain a signature from the buyer overseas. Costs about £4.50 + standard airmail charge.

If you in the USA, how you sending via Royal Mail? You dropshipping?
  8. Gametimenow

Gametimenow

Hmm Airsure was the one that was fully tracked but not signed for I was told at the post office. I thought it was a bit strange they track it all the way but not signed for. I think she meant you cant get a copy of the signature afterwards.
  9. crispydog

crispydog

Airsure does not get signature just comfirmation of delivery.
  10. Rob001

Rob001

From what i know as long as its not perfume everything is fine custom wise.
  11. Tunes

Tunes

I sent hundreds of items to Germany in the last few months, in fact 80% of all my sales now go to to Germany. When I started I used Airsure or International Signed For, however don't any more. The German postal service has a weird stance with tracking and confirming the delivery of international items. Therefore I didn't know if I'd be protected via paypal, plus the delivery times is any faster (in my experience).

Personally I think "the signed for" international post is a waste of money and time for items below £39(with the extra work with adding & recording tracking numbers). This is because I send items with the average value of £20-£30 and have a loss rate of 1%. Plus any time I've claimed for lost items, Royal Mail have paid me back the full retail cost of the item in full. Even if I thought that Royal Mail wouldn't allow me to claim a penny for any standard service, I'd only need to have an extra 20-30p per items to self-insure myself. Which is a lot cheaper than the £3+ extra Royal Mail charge.
  12. YNWA

YNWA

WHich is basically a signature, both count as confirmation of a successful delivery.
  13. everselect

everselect

Thanks, guys! Now I feel confident to sell in ebay.de

the Airsure seems too expensive for my items. I think I will go ahead with the regular air mail. The one thing with the registered mail is that it does not have any tracking info. Compare to the U.S postal service, you only need to pay USD $0.18 to add a tracking the package.

Oh, BTW, how many of you guys selling in ebay.de?
  14. Rob001

Rob001

How do you track international parcels now then tunes?
  15. Tunes

Tunes

Thats simple, I don't track them. I rely on my customers to let me know if the items failed to arrive. Regardless I wouldn't have the time to check if every item was delivered anyway. I'm sure it sounds weird, but it works for me, as all items are under £39. Plus since only 1% of my items are lost (thats steady rate for the last 4 months by the way) and I can still claim back from RM. If any item was over £39 I'd sent via Airsure for the increased insurance, or courier depending on the value.
  16. cpc

cpc

Wow Its good to know you guys are taking advantage of the German market. Like I said in a post about month ago. Ebay de is advertising ebayer to buy UK.

Post that I receive from the UK Royal Mail take about 3 to 5 days. I had also receive stuff via Business Mail, that was also 3 to 5 days.
  17. anythinggoes

anythinggoes

okay I sent an item by Airsure on 22rd March....it was passed to the German Postal Service on 23rd March...and it is still there! how long does it normally take
  18. anythinggoes

anythinggoes

sorry forgot to say...the recipient is going mad as he has not got it, but there is nothing I can do is there?
  19. ronin13

ronin13

Give him reference number and tell him to contact German Postal Service, if he won't be able to resolve the issue, claim for lost parcel and give him refund/send him new item.
  20. anythinggoes

anythinggoes

HI thanks I have already supplied the information, paypal are witholding £85 from me as it is still not showing as delivered, would love to send a replacement but it was a limited edition lithograph of U2.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong