1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  3. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.

Shipping service other than Royal Mail

Discussion in 'Payment & Shipping' started by Umar Shabir, Apr 25, 2013.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Umar Shabir

Umar Shabir

Hi everyone,
    As R.M have put up their postal prices up again, my shipping has become very expensive, I sell on ebay and I send parcels that weight just over 1kg on second class recorded and which costs £9.10. I charge for my shipping separately but looking from a customer perspective I would not want to pay that much postage of an item.

I want to try another postage service other than royal mail but I have never used any one else and I don't know who is reliable and value for money. I have seen a few people talking about myhermes are they any good ? Or do you wonderful people have any other postal service provider that you would recommend ?
  2. planner

planner

3. Umar Shabir

Umar Shabir

thanks for the quick reply , I would just like to know have you used them ? do you know if they are reliable or not ?
  4. planner

planner

I haven't used him as am up other side of country. But he is a well respected member/advertiser of this forum. LIke anything check him out.
  5. Umar Shabir

Umar Shabir

Thanks for that information Martin very useful indeed, I will look into to.

Has any one else had any experience http://www.caerphillyparcels.co.uk or can tell me another postage service which is good ?
  6. Harley Lapper

Harley Lapper

hi, we use myhermes and have done since November now and have had no problems at all with the service
  7. Sangam Bhandari

Sangam Bhandari Banned Member

I normally use Parcel Monkey or Inter parcel. They offer good prices for items over 1 kg. Worth a look..
  8. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

Sorry, but we are a drop-at-shop service and not an online service. You need time get a business account with RM or a courier to get lower prices. We use UK Mail
  9. Bizi

Bizi

if your items just weigh over 1kg Myhermes is beating all prices, they dont bother with 100-200 gram over so you can just use upto 1kg label which cost £3 with online tracking if you drop off, and £3.30 if you like collection, there is an extra £1 for signature service but its not really worth it as online tracking comes as standard, Next is using Myhermes now without signature, its a 3 days service but some parts of UK it goes in 5 days
  10. Umar Shabir

Umar Shabir

Have you used Myhernes ? what do you think of their service and is it 100% safe to leave your parcels at their random ParcelShop drop-offs
  11. Stanton22

Stanton22

MyHermes will give you the service you would expect for £3. I had one of my parcels left on a bin 10 feet from the delivery address in plain sight with a "safe place" card posted through the door. On top of this the item was damaged so ended up giving a refund to the customer.
    If you wrap it up very securely and aren't bothered if it gets damaged (expect it to be fort £3), then go fir it. Anything remotely fragile go with Citylink etc...
  12. lauris

lauris

I have been using myhermes for about 2 year, 100's of items, probably more than 1000. 1 has gone missing and 3-5 had some other issue.........I have local drop off news agent and I used to leave my parcels outside my home if I am not in, but I have someone coming to pick them up.
    The best part is that once in a while leave about £200- £500 item standing outside untended and non of them has gone missing.
    To me they have been pretty good.
    Umar Shabir likes this.
  13. lauris

lauris

BTW collect+ is (I know used to be) the cheapest for items about 1kg, but their services were really slow, I used twice but then gave up on them. it was like £1 cheaper than anybody else, but took 5-6 days for items to be delivered.
    Rds discounts likes this.
  14. Rds discounts

Rds discounts

Yes, when i used collect+ about 2 years ago, was a very slow but very cheap service so you take the rough with the smooth, however myhermes are very good in my eyes as for £3.30 you get it collected from your home or a shop and i have had no issues with them at all but then again i don't send out 100's of items but whenever i do use them its great, also i have noticed a lot of large companies using them, if we buy from large online retailers then some use my hermes, can argue with the big boys.
  15. Bizi

Bizi

i would say i have saved £££ in last 5 months using Myhermes
    if your items worth over 50 you can select signature on delivery so you know they wont be leaving it in bin. but i have been happy and less loss than RM because its tracked no un necessary INRs
  16. Import Export Business

Import Export Business

17. NigelM

NigelM

I had a strange experience with MyHermes and ive only used them once.

The Recipient said the package hasnt yet been delivered. I checked the tracking and it said it had been signed for last Friday. I called them up and got them to send me a scan of the signature. Contacted the recipient again who said it definitely hasnt been delivered but the courier has been in touch and that it would be delivered on Tuesday. I questioned this saying theres already a signature for it.

Turns out the driver had signed for it himself last Friday (im assuming in order to meet his targets) but hadnt actually delivered it! It finally got there at 5pm on Weds...!
  18. Neil@Postal Options

Neil@Postal Options

Hi,

We provide free advice on postal service options for online sellers. We're about to get access to a tracked postal service for items up to 2kg and the prices are likely to be around £2.10 for 0-1kg and £2.60 for 1-2kg. Delivery times likely to be 2-4 days. Minimum collection volumes will apply for this service (likely to be 25 packets per day). The address label software they provide will also send an e-mail to your customer with a tracking number.

Alternatively, you can find a whole directory of postal providers at our website by clicking here.

Cheers,
    Neil.
  19. Nick-D

Nick-D

Try iPostparcels, we have used them and had a good service. It is a UKMail company.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong