1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Stone Island.........Authentic???

Discussion in 'Products & Trends' started by booty40uk, Oct 10, 2005.

1. booty40uk

booty40uk

Hi all

I am looking to purchase some Stone Island clothing as i have a good market for it round here. I would like to know if anyone has any ways to verify the authenticity of Stone Island items. Tags, numbers etc. Or is there anywhere on the net where i could find this info?

Thanks all

Andy
  2. guru4us

guru4us

did u google it?
  3. Oddjob

Oddjob

Where are you looking to buy them from if i know of the company i be able to tell you if there are fake or not.
  4. double_d77

double_d77 Retired Moderator

It's important to know that the tags are used by fakers, so it's not just the tags you have to be concerned with, also yes the numbers are important, you could say they are unique!
    Also knowing that your source is genuine and not a fly by night outfit that doesn't care about selling fakes helps.
    As for going into to much detail on how to spot fake stone island, look on eBay at the CHEAP stuff on there! thats nearly ALL fake!!

Let me know if you want any help!

Dave
  5. wiggywam

wiggywam

hi, it is not easy getting real stone island clothing.
    i have started selling on ebay but hope to have my website up and running very soon.
    people see raso jackets selling for £70 but they are fake, even when i buy stone island it still cost a bit of money trade.,
    its hard to sell on ebay because of the fake prices,people are being duped.
    but you will know if the clothing is authentic by the price. have a look at theses it should give you an idea of prices www.mftrading.co.uk
  6. double_d77

mf is a good guide to pricing. but there is less expensive around on certain things. At present I've got 4 wholesalers that I use and buy certain things of them as some are better than others on certain Labels/items and variety.

As said before you can't buy stone island jackets for around £50 not possible, take for example today I was at an wholesaler and they wanted £240 for a stone island jacket that is from this seasons range! the £240 was the wholesale price which is a very good price for the jacket in question.

Shout out if you need any help!

Dave
  7. booty40uk

booty40uk

Many thanks to all for your replies and guidance. I have tried to 'google' the question but have not found much.

The only thing i found was a guy on ebay selling an ebook on how to spot a Stone Island fake. Its an eleven page doc and costs £1.99. Strangely enough he's also selling a "100% authentic Stone Island" garment which has a close up of the label, and guess what........there's no Art number on it!!!! Made me chuckle.

Andy
  8. fashion uk

fashion uk

lol,i havnt purchase stone island for ages because i hate now the fact that there are loads of fakes,before when you wa wearing stoneisland you kind of stood out now you get lost with the in with the fakes, last time i did buy a garment,my jumper had the holagram on the label in the neck over the art number etc.. do they still do this
  9. double_d77

They do on some items!

They are trialing putting a Micro chip somewhere in the product that can be checked by customs/ or legit shops to make sure if somebody has a problem with authenticity then the chip will tell them!

Dave
  10. Oddjob

Oddjob

How to Read a GENUINE Stone Island/CP Company Label

Look at the Code above (i.e. 42154D25)

42= States the Season (42=Spring/Summer 05).
    15= States it is Stone Island (14=SI Denims 18= CP Company).
    4= Jacket (5=Knitwear 6=Sweatshirt).
    D=Model.
    25= Cloth/Swatchcard
    Missyumyum and double_d77 like this.
  11. double_d77

Good post Boro!!

Dave
  12. Empulse

Empulse

Indeed Boro, thanks!
  13. Armando Hill

Armando Hill

Stone Island really has many replicas. Personally, I can't trust sources that try to sell except buying them from the store, or from their online shop. However, if you want a good guide, this article can help you I guess.
  14. Cody

Cody

15. sallywu2017

sallywu2017

we just sell bag and phone case.T_T No idea about this.