1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  3. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.

STOP Leaving Money on The Table: aWeber + PayPal

Discussion in 'eBay, Amazon & Online Marketplaces' started by Andy777, Jan 4, 2012.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Andy777

Andy777

Hello Everyone!

EAB customers will already know the importance of customer's LTV (Life Time Value) and the easiest way to increase it is by:

1) Doing business in a "sticky niche". (More on that here)
    2) Collecting buyer's e-mail addresses and building a relationship with them.

Apart from eBay's newsletter sign-up form, you can do so much more by using a dedicated newsletter service, such as aWeber. What is aWeber? To put it simply, it's an online service where you can collect and store customer information (name, e-mail etc.) and communicate using e-mail marketing. There are dozens of companies offering this sort of service online but aWeber is by far the most advanced and popular product.

Today, aWeber launched a special PayPal tool/plugin, which allows capturing e-mails from your eBay buyers with ease! You were able to do this previously with a more complicated set-up but from now on, aWeber offers PayPal IPN (Instant Payment Notification) based plugin which means you can easily collect e-mails from your eBay customers:

[​IMG]

So how this works?

Once you set it up in your aWeber account (shouldn't take more than 10 minutes) all eBay customer e-mail addresses will be added to your aWeber account. You can then use those e-mail addresses to send out auto-responder e-mails as well as regular e-mail newsletters.

What to send out?

First of all, you can set-up auto-responder series which will send out automated e-mails once customer is added to your data base. For example:

* Send out Thank You e-mail once customer is added to your data base;

* Send out Feedback reminder after X days of purchase;

* Send out up-sell offer to related product;

* Send out FREE Gifts (manuals, guides, upgrades etc.)

* Send out Coupon codes ( X% discount, FREE Shipping etc.,with expiry dates) customer can use on your online shop.

And this is ALL automated! You won't have to lift a finger as once you set-up your auto-responder e-mails, they'll go out 24/7, on auto pilot! Besides auto-responder e-mails, from time to time you should send out product related newsletters or simply promote a sale on your eBay shop or e-commerce shop.

There are loads of other great features you can use, like customer segmentation (based on purchase, product, date of purchase etc.) so make sure you check them out on aWeber's website!

IMPORTANT! Keep in mind, to comply with SPAM ACT, you want to make sure you have enabled DOUBLE OPT IN setting (default) in your aWeber account. This simply means that customer will first receive a notification e-mail with a verification link they have to click if they want to sign-up to your e-mail data base.

To increase verification rate, make sure your Welcome e-mail is friendly and offers some sort of value to your customer - explain that you won't sell/rent customer e-mails and will only send occasional newsletters which will benefit your customer (special offers, sales, free gifts etc.)

Lastly, same aWeber offers plugins (free) for Wordpress, Facebook and other online platforms. So make sure you integrate this system with your Facebook page and online shop (if you have one).

Hope this helps!

Happy New Year Everyone! :)

Andy
  2. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Thanks for this Andy!

The plugin will come in very useful.
  3. planner

planner

If this doesn't become a sticky I will be shocked. Excellent thread.
    Andy777 likes this.
  4. Andy777

Andy777

There are already too many sticky posts.

Anthony cleared up them with the change to new skin - I really believe there shouldn't be more than 3-5 sticky threads per sub-forum as otherwise it messes up user experience, especially for us - regular forum readers.

Cheers anyway! ;)
  5. start-small-think-big

start-small-think-big

Excellent post at usual Andy!!!
  6. ndistribution

ndistribution

Nice, was looking for something similar to this a while back.

Will dust off the old aWeber account and implement this today!

Thanks for the heads up.
    Andy777 likes this.
  7. Discs Like New

Discs Like New

I take it you have to pay the $19 subscription per month to get access to this?
  8. MSFB

MSFB

yeah dont really wana pay.. but could be an easy way to increase sales. You'd only need to generate a few more sales a month to make it worth it.

Or I'm sure you could download all the emails from your paypal history and use mail merge on word for free, which might be more useful for beginners.
  9. Discs Like New

Discs Like New

Does this give you the authority to email people with non-ebay offerings, i.e. is it a good way to build up a website email database?
  10. ndistribution

ndistribution

I have run lots of email campaigns before for various internet marketing projects, opt-in rates have never been anything to write home about.

Had the plugin installed for less than 24 hours now and the opt-in rate is about 80% - which is absolutely crazy. Whether it remains at those levels we'll have to see, but even 40% would be good.

Those of you who don't want to spend the $19 should remember the first month is only $1 with aWeber, I think after just a few days you'll see it's a decent investment.

If you're not good at writing sales copy post a job on Elance for some autoresponder emails - I knocked one up yesterday with a discount code for my websites in it, already had over five orders using this code (I made it unique so I can track the success of these emails).

The key is not to spam customers - I'm going to get some fortnightly emails drawn up I think! Thanks again Andy!
    Andy777 likes this.
  11. Andy777

Andy777

Yes, it's $19 per month for basic account (up to 500 subscribers and un-limited e-mails).

It's just a business expense - one that pays you back many times over. I pay way more than $19 (as I have thousands upon thousands subscribers) and still think it's a great value for my money! ;)

As I mentioned in the OP, there are many similar services to aWeber but pricing is kinda similar for all of them and increase according to your data base size.
  12. Andy777

Andy777

I would NOT recommend doing this!

1) It won't be automated;
    2) You won't have permissions from people to send e-mails;
    3) Even with few dozens contacts, your domain name "can" get blacklisted with just few spam reports. And then you're in serious trouble, especially if you have used your main domain name. getting it white listed again is not the easiest job in the World.

It's important to understand that the money you pay for auto-responder is not just for the use of software. It goes way beyond that. Companies like aWeber spend huge resources on making sure max % of your e-mails get delivered - something you could never be able to do without virtual servers, loads of IP addresses etc. etc.
  13. Andy777

Andy777

Once customer is added to your data base, an auto-confirmation e-mail goes out. In that e-mail you basically ask for the permission to add people to your data base for further mailings. If they do not click on the confirmation link in that e-mail, they basically say that they don't want to receive any e-mails from you and that's it.

Also, each e-mail you send out contains un-subscribe link, so your customers can easily un-subscribe from your mailings any time they want.
  14. Andy777

Andy777

That's an excellent rate and simply shows how many people are actually INTERESTED to hear from you in future!

I guess I don't have to tell how super-responsive such list of previous buyers is, especially if you give them offers they're truly interested in.

Well done! ;)
  15. Anthony

Anthony

Andy, if you'd like, fire me over your recommendations for the eBay forum, including this one, and I'll take a look at them. Cheers & great post!
  16. GameAssassin

GameAssassin

Hi Andy,

One thing I don't get:
    If all emails added to your list should be double opt-in, how come ebay customers are automatically added?
    surely they still need to opt-in first too?
  17. Andy777

Andy777

They will still have to click on confirmation link to be added to your data base.

That confirmation e-mail make it double opt-in list.
  18. GameAssassin

GameAssassin

Got it, so they would all receive a confirmation email/link for them to click when you import the list.
  19. 0754ben84

0754ben84

I noticed this on my aweber account the other day and I set it up as soon I saw it and it has already increased conversions.

An example:

A customer bought a pair of earrings, they got an automated email thanking them for their order and in that email said something like,'did you know that you can also buy the matching necklace and bracelet' and I included a link to those listings.

The result? They bought the whole set!
  20. MSFB

MSFB

ive started using mailchimp which has a 'free forever' option which might be useful for others not wanting to sign up to aweber yet.

defiintely a good idea to keep a list of past customers.
    Andy777 likes this.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong