1. We would like to know you better hence we made the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  2. Take a look at our recent Guest Articles here about dropshipping, e-commerce & Amazon Vendor and more.

Tax & duty for importing solar panels from China via sea freight

Discussion in 'Import & Export' started by Inam1234, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Inam1234

Inam1234

Hi im importing some solar panels from china through sea freight, i was wondering what i would need to pay once the items are received here in the UK at the docks, looking for a rough estimate on how much i would be paying including duty and tax and other factors could someone please help? thanks
  2. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

3. Inam1234

Inam1234

thanks for that ukbuyer1 but what do i put for insurance?
  4. Inam1234

Inam1234

and sorry 1 more question the total landed cost is that the total i have payed for the goods and everything else included?
  5. UK Customs Agent

UK Customs Agent

Hi

The following tariff would apply

Duty: FREE
    VAT: 20%

85 Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof; sound recorders and reproducers, television image and sound recorders and reproducers, and parts and accessories of such articles.

>DIODES, TRANSISTORS AND SIMILAR SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICES; PHOTOSENSITIVE SEMI-CONDUCTOR DEVICES, INCLUDING PHOTOVOLTAIC CELLS WHETHER OR NOT ASSEMBLED IN MODULES OR MADE UP INTO PANELS; LIGHT EMITTING DIODES; MOUNTED PIEZO-ELECTRIC CRYSTALS:

>>Photosensitive semiconductor devices, including photovoltaic cells whether or not assembled in modules or made up into panels; light emitting diodes:

>>>Other

Normally declaring insurance costs are not essential when entering goods onto the Chief Customs systems. Most entries do not declare costs, leaving at £ 0.00 . By all means you may include insurance, and its normally based off a percentage of the transport involved

The Shipping/ Landing cost is an aprox value declared, to cover the UK Import charges - otherwise also known as the VAT Adjustment factor. Depending on the weight of the shipment, is the easiest way to estimate. If cargo is over 1000kg estimate GBP 170.00 . If not take total weight, divide by 1000, multiply by 90, and finally plus 80

e.g.: 200kg / 1000 x 90 + 80 = GBP 98.00 VAT Adjustment

Regards
    Import Expert likes this.
  6. Import Expert

Import Expert

7. Power Forwarding

Power Forwarding

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock