1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. "I only risk what I can afford to lose and chalk it down to experience," says our featured business for June. Find out who the community voted for this month!
  3. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  4. Participate in the TWF Annual Survey, give us your feedback and win exciting prices! Check out the announcement here for more info.

Tax & duty for importing solar panels from China via sea freight

Discussion in 'Import & Export' started by Inam1234, Jul 29, 2012.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Inam1234

Inam1234

Hi im importing some solar panels from china through sea freight, i was wondering what i would need to pay once the items are received here in the UK at the docks, looking for a rough estimate on how much i would be paying including duty and tax and other factors could someone please help? thanks
  2. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

3. Inam1234

Inam1234

thanks for that ukbuyer1 but what do i put for insurance?
  4. Inam1234

Inam1234

and sorry 1 more question the total landed cost is that the total i have payed for the goods and everything else included?
  5. UK Customs Agent

UK Customs Agent

Hi

The following tariff would apply

Duty: FREE
    VAT: 20%

85 Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof; sound recorders and reproducers, television image and sound recorders and reproducers, and parts and accessories of such articles.

>DIODES, TRANSISTORS AND SIMILAR SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICES; PHOTOSENSITIVE SEMI-CONDUCTOR DEVICES, INCLUDING PHOTOVOLTAIC CELLS WHETHER OR NOT ASSEMBLED IN MODULES OR MADE UP INTO PANELS; LIGHT EMITTING DIODES; MOUNTED PIEZO-ELECTRIC CRYSTALS:

>>Photosensitive semiconductor devices, including photovoltaic cells whether or not assembled in modules or made up into panels; light emitting diodes:

>>>Other

Normally declaring insurance costs are not essential when entering goods onto the Chief Customs systems. Most entries do not declare costs, leaving at £ 0.00 . By all means you may include insurance, and its normally based off a percentage of the transport involved

The Shipping/ Landing cost is an aprox value declared, to cover the UK Import charges - otherwise also known as the VAT Adjustment factor. Depending on the weight of the shipment, is the easiest way to estimate. If cargo is over 1000kg estimate GBP 170.00 . If not take total weight, divide by 1000, multiply by 90, and finally plus 80

e.g.: 200kg / 1000 x 90 + 80 = GBP 98.00 VAT Adjustment

Regards
    Import Expert likes this.
  6. Import Expert

Import Expert

7. Power Forwarding

Power Forwarding

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock