1. Hello Guest, to participate in discussions just click the "JOIN NOW" button and sign up for FREE!

The Misconceptions of Wholesale Branded Designer Clothing – Sourcing Warnings

Discussion in 'Products & Trends' started by Anthony, Feb 8, 2011.

1. K&C ENTERPRISE

K&C ENTERPRISE

It's been so useful reading this although I am not engaged in this sort of industry yet. Anyway, thanks Anthony.
  2. TreatWise

TreatWise

Brilliant Post Anthony, It's such a tough market to deal with, especially with the amount of counterfeits out there on eBay and such and unfortunately, the more and more people that get scammed leads to people being wary about everything and in the end just stop buying from online outlets and just going straight to the store, that's why I tend to deal mainly wholesale to people who know what they are buying!

James.
  3. Isla Montgomery

Isla Montgomery

Great article! Although I don't sell designer goods myself, I've seen some friends get burned by this kind of operation so I'll be passing this article on to them.
  4. 100europartijen

100europartijen

Very good post, good to read. Leaves a lot of new questions.
  5. Schnappi

Schnappi

By the way,I want to know through what channels I can find both cheap and good quality children's clothing?
  6. vevcom

vevcom

Good article. Insightful.
  7. createnow

createnow

Johny J - I'm from Aust, and yes, ugg boots did originate here and they are a generic term to describe sheepskin boots. What we think of as 'fake' ugg boots aren't the Decker brand but simply ugg boots made from any other material than sheepskin (usually synthetic) - these are always cheaper over here. But plenty of shops advertise ugg boots here (legally) because as you say, the Decker trademark isn't valid here. It would be like some company trademarking the term 'beanie' to describe their knitted hat and then prohibiting anyone else from calling their knitted hats beanies even though they had been called that for donkey's years.

I am certainly no expert on trademark, but I imagine if you or your hypothetical dropshippers marketed the ugg boots outside of aust. then the Decker trademark would apply and you would have to call them something else.
  8. labeshops

labeshops

An excellent article.
  9. lamurafa

lamurafa

Thanks for this post!
  10. wijayavalentino

wijayavalentino

useful information, anybody now i want search the clothes supplier near of indonesia??? Anybody now, i am newbe here
  11. Emily Blunt

Emily Blunt

I believe that is on the grounds that many individuals like well known brand goods,so an ever increasing number of industrial facilities make the false products to make more benefits. As a normal individual, i incline toward customary good I like the site,because it continues the design drift fake won't show in it.

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong