1. The voting for April's Featured Business is now open! Will your business be the one? Cast your votes here!
  2. Check out our TWF Advertiser Directory and find out who to approach when looking for stocks/services! If you are currently a TWF advertiser and do not see your name in the list, please do reply on the thread with stock / service categories you offer.
  3. From being a real game fanatic to being an eBay full time seller. Learn how a hobby became an obsession from our TWF Featured Business for March!

The Trader Magazine

Discussion in 'Suppliers' started by James2011, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. James2011

James2011

Hi,

I would just like to know your opinion of THE TRADER UK Wholesaler Magazine. I have purchased this magazine for several months now, and cannot find what i am looking for.
  2. greedyboy

greedyboy

Depends what you are looking for to whether the magazine is any good.
  3. wholesale_gifts

wholesale_gifts

From an advertising point of view we have had little success with the trader to date. We ran a half page advert for three months and have not been able to justify continuing the campaign. The last issue we featured in was July 2007.
  4. bagsobrands

bagsobrands

Just started an advertising campaign for our online casncarry in the Market trader news. Early days yet but will let you all know how effective it is. So far we've had 10 sign ups to the site from it in three days.
  5. D M

D M

Has thewholesaleforums.co.uk considered advertising?
  6. wholesale_gifts

wholesale_gifts

Im not sure it would be the best place for TWF to advertise. From what I can acertain the trader is aimed at store or stall owners and not casual traders. We have purchased a few items we found in the trader, namely display stands and merchadising racks and got a very competetive price.

We were unable to positively link and sales generated to being a result of our trader magazine advertising. That isnt to say it wont work for you, it just didnt work for us.
  7. redsky

redsky

I am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong but i am pretty sure TWF had an ad running in there a good while ago.Maybe with james ?
  8. Anthony

Anthony

Unfortunately James never got around to it. We may consider trialing an ad closer to Christmas, we shall see.
  9. markbyrne

markbyrne

Just wanted to bump this up with a link. You can view the Trader online. I love this magazine. Its served me well over the years http://www.thetrader.co.uk/trader-digital.php

Always depends on what you want or what you need, but at least you know they are mostly legit businesses...
  10. geosamm

geosamm

Is this the amalgamation of market trader.... world fair... and another I cant remember the name of?
  11. lighthousedirec

lighthousedirec

I don't believe so, Worlds Fair has been around for years, Market Trader News is distributed freely at markets but was very limitd seeral yrs ago when I used to get it.

Only trouble with the trader is it makes it easy for your competitors to play on an even keel with you, with a bit of hard work I prefer to find the wholesalers and importers not in the ads, normally they have the best prices and products, but every now and then.

Haven't bought the trader for a few years now. Many blame it for opening up the trade and making prices a lot more transparent to the public, but time changes things in all industries. It used to take several years to build up decent contacts, these days a few hours with a mag or internet gets you a long way.
  12. geosamm

geosamm

Im going back a lot of years.... I used to get all 3 delivered.... or something with a very similar name.... then suddenly they merged... about 30 years ago if my memory serves me... could be longer... although thats failing a bit now
  13. xcat

xcat

I would not buy the magazine. Its all available online.
  14. Andy777

Andy777

Some people still prefer to hold it in hands, feel the value and smell the paper :niceone:
  15. xcat

xcat

What you do in the privacy of your own bathroom is your business. :)
  16. beewise

beewise Banned Member

lol :D
  17. mumof3angels

mumof3angels

just checked out the trader web site some good bits on it cheers for that !!!

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.