1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

UK backed sourcing agent in China

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by ladyvgw, Jan 25, 2011.

1. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Hi all,

I have, for some months, been developing the idea of starting a sourcing business in china in conjuction with some existing english and chinese business partners.

The idea stemmed from seeing how many people were getting scammed by sites like Alibaba and a thought occured to me that if there was a business sourcing products in china for export to the uk and europe that had the backing from an established and trustworthy uk business, would people use it?

Alongside being able to offer scam free sourcing we would also be available to assist with shipping and safety requirements making it a 'one stop shop' for importing goods into the uk.

This idea is only in the developmnt stage at the moment but I would be interested to see how many people on TWF would be interested in such a service.

If indeed you are interested please could you post below the kind of products you would look to source. It goes without saying that we will not source branded, fake or illegal items in any way, shape or form so don't even ask!!

Vicky :)
  2. mishkon

mishkon

Hi Vicky,

I would be interested, i think its a great idea! I will PM you.

M
  3. mgroadster

mgroadster Banned Member

TBH, I think you should have clients falling out the trees on this one.......Very good credible and endorsable idea!
  4. londonking

londonking

This is exactly like another forum member 'the importer' tried to offer.

He ended up with many half baked questions like 'how much for 10 t shirts?'
  5. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Great, I look forward to hearing from you :)

Thanks MG :)
  6. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

I am well aware of Khalids plans in this area and good luck to him, I wish him every success.

It is par for the course to get time wasters, I get them for my wholesale business now......

Can I buy 3 bouncy balls please??.......No! We will simply be polite and explain that there are certain moq's involved when ordering from the far east, but I am certain that there are hundreds if not thousands of smaller importers that are looking for a reliable way of sourcing Chinese made product without being ripped off. If there wasnt then sites like Alibaba ect wouldn't exist.

We are already doing large amounts of importing for the likes of high street retailers, airlines and super markets so all we are really doing is opening it up to the smaller 'armchair' importers in the hopes of offering a more reliable service than is currently offered from some of the large sourcing sites. We already have a good network of contacts covering China, Taiwan and Hong Kong so finding the product will be relatively easy. We will have people here in the UK that you can talk to discuss your needs safe in the knowledge that we will not scam you by taking your money or sending you inferior goods.

7. nuwav

nuwav

This service is a good idea. I would be interested in using this service for clothing, bags and novelity items
  8. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

I should have added that we do already some experience of this. For 20 years we had an office in Hong Kong sourcing items for 1 particular merchandise sector but we ended up winding it up when production moved from HK to China.
  9. duracell

duracell

sounds like a good idea vicky, if you go ahead with it let me know
  10. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Sure no problem :)
  11. planner

planner

All the best Vicky. For people like myself who are nervous puppys about importing from China / Hong Kong etc. This would be a great help and probably save alot of heartachne too.
  12. suzyhart

suzyhart

Hi Vicky,

I would be interested in this, please let me know if this comes to fruition.

Thanks

suzy:Clap:
  13. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Hi Suzy,

Don't worry if and when this happens I will be shouting it from the roof tops!!

14. Nick-D

Nick-D

I would be interested in a few specific lines
  15. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Frank,

Firstly, I already have enough agents so would not need more, especially ones from Yiwu!!

Secondly, it is against forum rules to advertise your services unless you have a paid membership.
  16. suzyhart

suzyhart

You tell them vicky....I'm getting a little fed up with receiving emails from a few forum members who are being naughty, trying to sell me goods that I can source from the original supplier for a fraction of the price they are trying to sell at...to these persons. get advertising status and do things correctly.

suzy:thumbdown:
  17. dazzeruk37

dazzeruk37

in theory its a great idea it then depends on costs and minimum spend or order that might be the stumbling block as i would have thought those people spending thousands would already have there suppliers in place and only new people that want to get on the importing ladder need the service but these people might not have the amount of money needed to make it successful but good luck with the idea
  18. JustCraig

JustCraig

Forward the PM's to Anthony.
  19. evan.yuan

evan.yuan

hi, I know some sourcing companies which are managed by westeners and have team in China. they are chinaconfidential.com.au, and chinafind.biz, there are a lot more. their advantage is: western management and local action.
  20. vik333

vik333

Hi,
    What's wrong with Yiwu ? I am planing my first trip to China to source and place orders for furniture products and one of interesting suppliers not far from there. Thought I'll better ask you :)

P.S. I am thinking to find and agent to help me would you be able to advice me on that ? Where to look and what kind of agent ? Thanks