1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

UK backed sourcing agent in China

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by ladyvgw, Jan 25, 2011.

1. RBM

RBM

Hi,

I am new to this forum - and this seems like something I would definitely be interested in. As I was born in Hong Kong, and grew up in the US, I believe I can definitely offer something unique that is rare to find these days. I feel that trust & ability to communicate are the most important factors for business with China, and hopefully I can contribute.

Definitely looking into getting an advertiser membership

Roshan
  2. IMEX Sourcing Services

IMEX Sourcing Services

As someone who has been on both sides (i.e. as an importer in the UK) and now based in China helping people source from china and managing their risks, I feel it definitely gives you a unique advantage in being able to understand the concerns of the buyers (e.g. quality, fraud, etc.) and at the same time, the challenges that chinese manufacturers face (e.g. customers asking for "best quality" at the "lowest price", etc.). So I feel, your UK importing experience would definitely help you connect with the importers. It is important to note that, due to the chinese govt. policies, the cost of running a business in China for "foreign owned enterprises" is going up by the day and has increased significantly in the last 3 years, so I suggest you choose a business model that takes this into consideration, as there are quite a few ways foreign enterprises can enter China.
  3. LightingExport

LightingExport

Hi,
    What's wrong with Yiwu ? I am planing my first trip to China to source and place orders for furniture products and one of interesting suppliers not far from there. Thought I'll better ask you :)

P.S. I am thinking to find and agent to help me would you be able to advice me on that ? Where to look and what kind of agent ? Thanks

hi,

i am from China, i saw that you wanna do some business about furniture, i would like to suggest that you go to Guangdong Province, there is a city named Foshan, most of the furnitures are made there, good luck!

Tom
  4. robert fry

robert fry

hi im trying to find a fancy dress supplier. theres one in yiwu and done every thing I can to see if theres no scam going on. can you help me thanks. rob
  5. Juan Cubells

Juan Cubells

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, what's wrong with Yiwu? Saw many UK companies buying there. True that Yiwu is not famous for its high quality products or customer service, but for some products or customers that require really low MOQs or really competitive price, Yiwu is the place to go, no doubt.
  6. banfa trading

banfa trading

Hi Juan,

How is guangzhou these days!

And Yiwu is definitely the place to be in China to make money! love that place.
  7. hue_chipo

hue_chipo

Hello if you had any luck on sourcing in uk may you please assist with information