1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  3. The winners for the TWF Annual Survey Draw have been revealed! Are you one of them? Check the list of winners here.

where can I sell a photograph...greetings card company?

Discussion in 'Start-ups & Business Advice' started by charmer48, Jun 13, 2010.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. charmer48

charmer48

Hi everyone,

I have some really amazing pictures of my dog (yes, I know, you think every mum says that about her child) but these are very unusual...could I sell them to a greetings card company...site like istock....any ideas how I go about it...

I have been googling to try and find out and dont seem to be getting anywhere.

thank you.

Charmer:clap:
  2. canada

canada Retired Moderator

3. charmer48

charmer48

Re: where can I sell a photograph...greetings card company???

Thank you Scott thats great!:clap::clap::clap:
  4. JustCraig

JustCraig

Artists and writers yearbook has listings of greetings cards companies and tells you the type of things they are after.
  5. Andy777

Andy777

iStock won't buy anything from you..

BUT

you can register there and upload your pictures to your account and start earning money from them! Every time someone buys your picture, you'll get a commission:

http://www.istockphoto.com/sell-stock-photos.php
  6. charmer48

charmer48

thanks Andy, thats great!! x
  7. sjwtrade

sjwtrade

8. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

many of those US based stock agency companies have a whole section regarding copyright issues and disclaimers prior to downloading images, but i've seen thousands of illegally used pictures ripped off these sites. Whilst most don't give you the high resolution file, for a small card it's very simple to add a few effects within a photo retouching program, and in no time you have near enough the original photo minus some additional blur from increasing pixel size, but your typical rip off ebay card seller won't mind...there are so many selling on ebay and we all talk about clothing being heavily ripped off, Just look at the card section on ebay. 95% of sellers are selling copyright image cards printed probably on a home computer and resold!

...So to be honest, be prepared to get ripped off just like the many others that have uploaded onto various photo stock sites. Unless your pictures have been taken by a professional photographer and with a high end camera, it's highly unlikey a large company would use your pics for commercial purposes, but good luck none the less :thumbup:

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong