1. To further expand the reach of our Marketplace and increase potential buyers, we have created two social accounts solely for the promotion of our Marketplace. Check it out here! Don't forget to follow our pages!
  2. "I only risk what I can afford to lose and chalk it down to experience," says our featured business for June. Find out who the community voted for this month!
  3. We would like to know you better hence we made the the introductions more interesting. Would love to see you answer the questions here!
  4. Participate in the TWF Annual Survey, give us your feedback and win exciting prices! Check out the announcement here for more info.

Who are the legit China Wholesalers?

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by Scoop, Jan 4, 2010.

Image has been removed.
This URL has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active URLs posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed. To post URLs within the restriction period, just remove the http:// section which makes the URL non-clickable (i.e. website.com).
This email address has been automatically filtered because it has been posted by a new member. Active email addresses posted by new members are always filtered. Once members have 10 or more posts and have been registered for 10 or more days, this filtering will be removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Scoop

Scoop

I hear alot of china wholesale websites are non-legit.

What the legit china wholesale websites?
    If you know any feel free to leave a reply with the website and a comment if you wish.
  2. Andy777

Andy777

3. Jayser100

Jayser100

Re: China wholesalers

Google search Chinese manufacturers rather than wholesalers. There are many good websites listing factories in China. If you just go for wholesale, you could get any sort of bandit claiming to offer goods. If you find something that takes your fancy, always insist on being sent a free sample. If they are not prepared to do this, ask yourself why.
  4. Pete

Pete

90% of the trading companies and such CLAIM to be factories.

I have a partner who makes in-person visits to supposed suppliers to verify they are what they claim to be and believe me, almost all claim to be factories and are not.

One "factory" was working with a mobile phone riding around town on a motorcycle picking up what was ordered yesterday so he could ship today. Buying at market stalls, etc.

There are even "manufacturers" on Global Sources and in their printed publications who are simply wholesale traders.

Just last week we did a verification for a "manufacturer" who gave a phony address and when my partner called the phone number she got a lady who "used to work there" and they were still showing her personal phone number on the website.

If you want to be sure, check us out - In Personal Visits to Verify Shenzhen Suppliers ONLY $27.50
  5. Jayser100

Jayser100

Perhaps we were lucky then. My business partner did drop in on a visit to Taipei, and witnessed a batch of our sunglasses being made, so we definitely have a factory!
  6. Scoop

Scoop

7. Rocker Locker

Rocker Locker

The product itself will be a fake, you can not get official products from China, no matter what the supplier may say - and since the product is a fake, you have to accept that the quality might be poor.

Also if you are happy to sell fakes, you need to make sure you are willing to take on any Legal issues if the company claims copyright theft. It's not recommended.

However, as for the company, Pete may know a bit about them, he's pretty knowledgeable on chinese suppliers, but it may be worth paying a verification company if you want to be sure.

Gail
  8. bigballa765

bigballa765

While the original products line is mostly true it is not completely true. I have a Mobile Phone supplier that sells refurbished phones and they are all legit phones that are not copy phones. I do agree though that most are fake phones that are not good quality, but there are Suppliers your best bet is to look for suppliers in Hong Kong or Shenzhen the big industrial cities. There's always a risk, but it took me several thousands of dollars, but I found 4 suppliers that are legit and I have been doing good ever since.
  9. Rocker Locker

Rocker Locker

Thats fair to say. However, that is refurbished phones, so they're working on an already branded product. But ask anyone on here, 99% will probably agree that you cannot get brand new legitimate branded products from the far east.

I'm sure there are a minority of Chinese suppliers who do sell genuine products, but i've never met a person who has received the real deal, and you have to accept that this is likely be the case if you buy from these suppliers.

Gal
  10. Scoop

Scoop

I'm not a retail outlet or do not own a shop, its more make some money off freinds etc, because people are willing to buy lower qualities goods at a knock off price hence why i'm looking to captilize on this. If my funds do increase investment in autentic clothing can be considered. Although i am still looking at authentic clothing now willing to buy for good price so do forward any offers to my email : dhruvin_patel@hotmail.co.uk

I want Lyle & Scott , Ralph Lauren Or Lacoste polo shirts.

Thanks.
  11. bigballa765

bigballa765

Again I have been able to receive real products before the prices are at their market prices, but there's are different than here in the USA so I can still make money. I might be the exception to the rule, because I lost a lot of money the hard way searching for genuine products, but I definitely found a couple that are right here on this website actually it takes a good search though.
  12. KOD Solutions

KOD Solutions

Scary, but I agree with this 100%. God only knows how many times we have been in this same situation. This is why we use channels other than global sources and alibaba.

Different provinces in China specialize in different products/industries. For instance, Qingdao is a good place to buy stone/marble/granite products. Harbin in the North is good for wood products, Hunan is good with ceramics etc etc etc. Knowing where to buy the products is just the beginning. Working with local province yellow pages is another way of sourcing, rather than using some of these other websites. This is just one way to go about it.
  13. Jayser100

Jayser100

In all honesty, that's exactly the sort of thing I'd steer clear of. This looks like the guy on the motorbike with a mobile phone that somebody else described earlier.

Don't get obsessed with buying designer goods, real or fake - why not create your own? This is my point really. Find a factory that can make you your own fashion goods. It will be very cheap per unit, and if you get a good factory, the quality will be good. If your end user price is spot on, people WILL buy because not everyone is obsessed with fashion branding. Build a strong website to advertise your brand, spread it around the internet and start to approach potential trade customers. We now have 141 trade customers around the world, and our business is on target to turn over 150,000 this financial year. Ask yourself this - do you want to scrape a living, buying and selling dodgy 'designer' shirts form some bloke in China, or do you want to have your own, established fashion brand that, in five years time, could bring in a very good wage indeed? By the way, you can view my corporate website here -

MOD EDIT - url removed,needs a advertising Membership!
  14. becky

becky Banned Member

actually, there are many good factories in china unable to afford to hire the employees good at english or afford to found a international trade company. so most of them will cooperate with the importing and exporting companies,who can bring the order abroad. so not all the companies without factories can't offer good cargo.
  15. Jayser100

Jayser100

Becky, I am sure you are right, the problem is it's difficult to separate the chaff from the wheat if you start looking at those guys, isn't it? Note to the forum administrator, sorry about the URL, that will teach me to read the small print properly next time!
  16. awesomepc

awesomepc

That Shenzen supplier check out thing would be good,
    How much suppliers just one? I'm guessing.
    I have paid 800US via TT, for some cables. Based in Shenzhen, ive found there company to be accredited by HDMI.org, and are a 5 Star supplier on Global sources.
    I have sample cables, that were released, and i paid the shipping cost.
    I have recent contact with the rep quoting times for producing cables etc.
    Sounds Good to me?
    Still keeping contact after i gave them a truckload of money is always a good sign.
  17. becky

becky Banned Member

Jayser100, thank your for your trust. you can turn to the professional verifiction company for help. i'm in china and would glad to help if anyone need, though i'm not professional, cause i focus on logistics area. :p
  18. purpleronnie

purpleronnie

Is that true?.

I noticed they do accept escrow, surely if you pay this way you cant be ripped off?

Anyone tried?

You must be a member to reply…

Why should you join us?

• Networking Opportunities
  • Find Genuine Wholesalers
  • Source Profitable Stock
  • 100,000 Members Strong