1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Wholesale Apple iPhones - Buyers Sourcing Guide

Discussion in 'Products & Trends' started by mdsltd, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdsltd

mdsltd

This article is the sole property of Mobile Distribution Solutions Ltd. Any attempt to copy or reproduce in any form is strictly prohibited.

1) IPhones do not come cheap! Anyone offering you silly prices is likely to be a scammer.

2) You CANNOT buy the new Iphone 6 handsets whether 16GB or 64GB for $200, $300 or even $400. At the time of writing the current market rate for wholesale purchases for a new sim free Iphone 6 16GB handset is around $635 - $750 PER UNIT. Anyone offering prices way below these is either a scammer or a liar!

3) You CANNOT buy Apple Iphones in bulk from China no ifs or buts you just can't! Scammers prey on human greed & lack of knowledge as most people think "well if they are made in China they must be easily available there", that is incorrect - Point 4 below explains further.

4) Apple has a strict chain of distribution & a huge point to note is there are NO official authorised apple wholesalers therefore you must purchase through a trader or distributor such as ourselves. There may be a chain of people involved in the procurement of the handsets before you, therefore at each point in this chain the price will increase!

5) Demand for new Iphones in particular outstrips supply therefore prices are normally artificially high, DONT expect to pay much below the retail price for wholesale purchases.

6) Massive quantities are very rare, be wary of anyone offering 1000's of units as most likely they are not available or if they are a long chain of brokers will be involved. If you really think you have the capital to buy massive numbers in excess of a couple of hundred units contact Apple themselves!

7) T/T (telegraphic transfer) or BACS (bank transfer) payment is normal when dealing in the wholesale mobile phone market. The only time you maybe offered L/C is for large volume orders in excess of 500 units. So PLEASE don't expect to pay cash, paypal or escrow!

8) You are not going to obtain superb prices for small orders i.e. 10, 20 or even 40 + orders - 5 phones is NOT a wholesale order! You will be offered (by genuine suppliers) a small discount for volume purchases; by volume we mean 50 + units.

9) Profit margins on new Apple products are notoriously small; depending on your route to market you may make anything from 1-10% per handset, with the average closer to single figures. There are currently 3 types of Iphone on the market locked, never locked/sim free & software unlocked. The term factory unlocked means "never locked/sim free now these are the most expensive & the hardest to source.

10) You are NOT going to make millions of pounds, dollars or euros by trying to buy these phones to sell on ebay or anywhere else for that matter. The big money is made on volume purchases.

11) Please, please, please STOP trying to find iphones, ipads or anything Apple for ridiculous prices you will only end up getting scammed - TRUST ME!

12) Ensure you thoroughly verify any potential supplier. If you don't know how to do this then please do not even bother trying to "dip your toe" into the mobile phone market!

For the basis of clarity the above post is directed towards the purchase of NEW Apple products whether Iphones, Ipads or other Apple products.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. Secmin

Secmin

Re: Wholesale Apple Iphones Buyers Guide

Sticky please
    Adam Smithuk likes this.
  3. Tracy

Tracy

Brilliant!! Now we just need to get everyone looking to buy i-Phones to read this.
    Adam Smithuk likes this.
  4. mdsltd

mdsltd

Well at least its a sticky now :dance:

So there should be no need for anymore of the constant questions, but we will wait & see eh!
    Adam Smithuk likes this.
  5. Digitalfever

Digitalfever

LOL !! u must be joking ! i give it 2 days max !

Great info by the way, hopefully it will open a few eyes !
  6. urbi

urbi

OK i read many posts about Iphone price and wholesellers and so on. So i decidet to call in one of Iphone factory in China( Yes original Apple Iphones are "made" in Original factory in Original China - not all parts of Iphone - Designed in California, Slave-Produced in China).
    I called them and in really long conversation they told me real price of Apple Iphones without taxes,fees just if you buy all parts and you link Iphone together :)
    Contacted person(A.R) said: "The 16GB iPhone 3GS only costs the company three percent more to make than last year's model, with a bill of materials totalling $172.46 plus $6.50 in manufacturing costs."
    But unfortunately they can't sell iphones by "factory price" and they couldn't tell me where can i find real biggest chinese warehouse/wholeseller where are phones located before they send them into USA. There Apple define price even for further wholesellers which is 500US$-600US$ or higher...

So prices of Iphones are really low if you find legit wholeseller/warehouse with factory prices from China...
    If anybody find them please let me know :)
    Adam Smithuk likes this.
  7. mdsltd

mdsltd

Why dont you buy from china & lets see how many "fake" phones you receive! Or why not make them yourself as you seem to have made the contacts - Good Luck :niceone:
  8. urbi

urbi

That is because i don't know which warehouse/wholeseller is legitimate... And it's not so simple like typed in google : Cheapest Iphone... Those warehouses/wholesellers don't have websites you can just call them if you get phone no. from factory or somewhere else...
    And i told you i talked with REAL person from REAL Apple factory from China... And btw i don't know where do you live but most of products on this sweet earth is made in China and do you know why?? Because there are people working for 50 f****** US$ per month!
  9. jeppo

jeppo

Which factory did you speak to? Foxconn? I doubt that they (or any of the other manufacturers) would know the prices of the individual components since Apple would pay each of the manufacturers seperately for the parts they make, to keep the level of secrecy they like to have over their products. Plus you would need to factor in costs of software and ip. And the fact that one of Foxconn's employees just killed himself over a lost prototype, I wouldn't think anyone in that company would speak too freely about the iphone.
    Chinamobiledirect likes this.
  10. AdamSilveston

AdamSilveston Banned Member

It's the same old story of the Iphones - LOL. They are so popular with everyone and the Chinese know this. If you get scammed you can't really blame the Chinese, but the buyer themselves. You get what you pay for!
  11. mdsltd

mdsltd

You get these clowns spouting pointless comments all the time! If it was really that easy we would all be buying direct from the manufacturer ie Apple ;)
  12. urbi

urbi

No foxconn is main factory but there are about 7 others smalles and rarely mentioned factories...
    And is difference between buyers and researchers...
  13. mdsltd

mdsltd

In all honesty no one really cares about how or where they are made or the cost.

The FACT is the end wholesale purchase price. Now regardless of what you are saying the comments Ive made regarding the prices are 100% accurate. So can we please stay on topic & stop this talk about different Chinese factories!

:keepontop
  14. highwhey2hell

highwhey2hell

Funny thing about the Iphone Business - There are more scammers for this product than any other product.
    A few weeks ago there was this "supplier" from Australia that was opening a factory in Egypt, Cairo, or so he claimed. Apparently he stocked 400,000 phones in a bonded warehouse, for weeks people believed him and there was an outbreak of brokers offering fly and buy deals to Cairo Egypt as well as unbelievably low prices for the phones...$500 for the 32GB 3GS, LOL!!! Literally, the internet was flooded with brokers offering "Jordan's" offer. I spoke to at least 30 brokers offering me all the same deal and emailed at least 50 others. This guy, Jordan really made a fool out of all these people because just last week he said he wasn't able to import the phones. What really got me angry is that a lot of potential clients that were ready to purchase from me strayed away and wanted to buy from Jordan...and guess what, these last few days they ALL came back, unfortunately I don't have any more phones to sell, I can only sell so many since my supplier is going through a shortage...currently right now there's more time wasting offers. COD to Hellmanns warehouse, POF and PO is all that is needed...LOL!!! Wait 2 weeks, they will claim they have a delay and eventually you will have wasted your time and sent your sensitive information(POF) to an unknow person.

DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE. Most legit companies will require you to fill out some kind of document, in addition, verify all of their info(Phone, site, enter their name and email into google, etc)
    ideaman likes this.
  15. UsaMan2010

UsaMan2010

Mdsltd- How much of a price difference do you typically see between the three types as listed in point number 7?
  16. mdsltd

mdsltd

Prices are dependant on a number of factors with the main single one being the quantity purchased. However as a guide anything between $10 - $50 per unit is a common occurrence :niceone:
  17. brainatwork

brainatwork

highwhey2hell: hehe, so I'm not the only one in this neverending story w/ bonded warehouses, PO's, POF's and such? that's a relief.
    if you feel like we can share experiences please contact me at brainatwork AT gmail.com
    I think I've got plenty to share.
  18. octea

octea

thanks for this articel..100% agree
  19. Eugene

Eugene

Apple have made it so only Apple make decent moeny out of the iPhone. I don't understand WTF small dealers such as us would be remotely interested in promoting their products and supporting their lifestyles... There are loads of equally cool and good phones on the market, with much higher margins. A bit of creative advertising by the sellers is what's needed.
    m mani likes this.
  20. tomorrownd

tomorrownd

piece of info here: the factory unlocked iphone 3gs are from HONG KONG, its sold $5388 (about £438)
    http://store.apple.com/hk/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=MTAyNTM5ODU
    if you can get someone to do that for you there will be plenty profit.
    also the chinese taobao sellers hold very large amount of iphone 3gs, if you can buy from them then get them sent over here there is also good profit to make.
    Bear in mind there might be VAT or Tax charge on arrival.
    EMS is better to avoid tax but it takes longer and not as reliable as UPS OR DHL.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.